What is worst fish that gets sick quick!

danielbui23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is worst fish that gets sick quick!
Basically like the title says but in your personal experience or maybe what you have always read. I know we have a very strong list in the stickys but I would like to read experiences. I wanna know, "What is the worst fish to put into an aquarium that seems to always gets sick with ich brake outs or wont eat and gets sick or even just dies for no reason while others in the tank are great"

I personally have nothing but trouble from Copperbanded Butterflies. I gave up after the second one.

Anyone else?:squigglemouth:

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

danielbui23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh God yes, that thing will look like death for days or weeks and eat like a pig then, "SEE YA"

OP
OP
D

danielbui23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only seen Powder Blue living well with out ich and fat at the Tulsa Aquarium Center I believe the tank was a 100,000 gallon tank along with other fish.

What type of Angels were they? Flame Angels, Bicolor Angels?

OP
OP
D

danielbui23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a guy just send me a message saying Clown Tangs get sick really easy along with Achilles tangs which I have seen ich up after 6 months and die.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the powder blue. You look at them funny and they get ich.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
twin spot goby
morish idol
there are tons of really bad fish for eating and longevity issues

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pinneatus Batfish hands down, even the tank raised ones break out in ich. The wild ones not only break out in ich but are hard to get eating. I have 2 tank raised ones coming in today actually.

SuperStock_1606-29202.jpg

OP
OP
D

danielbui23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pinneatus Batfish hands down, even the tank raised ones break out in ich. The wild ones not only break out in ich but are hard to get eating. I have 2 tank raised ones coming in today actually.

SuperStock_1606-29202.jpg

Holy smokes Look at that Beauty! What size tank is that going in? Preferably tall?

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy smokes Look at that Beauty! What size tank is that going in? Preferably tall?

These are my most favorite fish in the hobby. Every time we get one in i'm like a kid in a candy store lol. One is going in our 75 gallon rimless tank and the other is going in the holding tanks to give someone a chance to buy it, if it doesn't sell in a week than it's MINE! They prefer caves to shelter and lower flow areas. They usually come in the size of a half dollar to 3"tall

Also did I mention? Perfect for halloween spirit at the store! haha

OP
OP
D

danielbui23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also remember, back a few years ago ordering Threadfin Lookdowns or regular Lookdowns and couldn't get them because they are very hard to ship or some die in transit. Haha, one of my LFS said if you buy it and it's DOA it's still yours. HAHA, of course they were joking.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience, any fish from petco is going to get sick and has a 60/40 chance of death.

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My powder blue would get ich off and on for almost a year, no lie. He would get better then worse, better, then worse, he always ate like a pig though. After a year went by like that he finally never got it again. I have had him almost 5 years now and he is king of the tank. I never though he would make it, but now he is my favorite fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back