What is wrong with my clown

mtriolo7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All fish are healthy until today I notice he was looking like this. I can remove him and put him in a hospital tank if needed. Hard to see in the video but his mouth is open and his gills are fluttering. I’ve QT all fish before adding. And treated with paracleanse as a precaution https://youtube.com/shorts/pMx64-MOVIE?feature=share

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    71.2 MB

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can always remove a fish and put it into a hospital tank.

One problem is that let's assume its a parasite (I cannot see the video) - of some kind - your other fish are at risk as well. Please check the Link in my signature - it lists some questions that you can answer to help us help you.

OP
OP
M

mtriolo7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Realized I can’t post vids on reef2reef. I posted a link to YouTube with the vid. But I will remove him.
You can always remove a fish and put it into a hospital tank.

One problem is that let's assume its a parasite (I cannot see the video) - of some kind - your other fish are at risk as well. Please check the Link in my signature - it lists some questions that you can answer to help us help you.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Realized I can’t post vids on reef2reef. I posted a link to YouTube with the vid. But I will remove him.
Is this fish still eating ok?
In looking at the video, the clown is breathing abnormally. There are a number of possible causes for this. If all other fish in the tank are breathing fine, that helps rule out water quality issues. It does not always rule out contagious disease issues because the other fish may start showing symptoms. I would move this fish to a treatment tank if you can, and then watch the other fish closely.
Jay

OP
OP
M

mtriolo7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup still eating okay. Possibly thinking some food lodged in his gills. There is a white fluff that looks like a bit of shrimp. I will try turkey basting him gently
Is this fish still eating ok?
In looking at the video, the clown is breathing abnormally. There are a number of possible causes for this. If all other fish in the tank are breathing fine, that helps rule out water quality issues. It does not always rule out contagious disease issues because the other fish may start showing symptoms. I would move this fish to a treatment tank if you can, and then watch the other fish closely.
Jay

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yup still eating okay. Possibly thinking some food lodged in his gills. There is a white fluff that looks like a bit of shrimp. I will try turkey basting him gently
I would suggest a picture - which you can post to R2R. It would be somewhat odd - for food be stuck in a gill - without another problem. Glad he's eating.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back