What is Your “Must Have” or Favorite Fish in Your Reef Tank

sksouthpaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I want to hear about (and see if you have pics) your favorite reef safe fish. One that you consider a “must have”.
Ill start off with mine. The blue star leapord wrasse. This was the fish that drove me back in to the hobby. When I had retired from the hobby after a couple moves within a fairly short period of time, this was my “dream fish” or “must have”. At that point I had only seen photos of one, and multiple LFS’s Id frequent never had one in stock.
Flash forward 8 years, and they are everywhere! I picked one up about a month and a half ago, and cant imagine a tank without one. Her name is godzilla (QUEEN of the monsters in my tank), and the electric blue iridescent on the abdomen reminds me of Godzilla charging up for an atomic breath.
Their personality is so unique, and given the burrying at night, creates a great addition to the tank.
Now lets hear and see some of your favorites!

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
buscando a nemo doris GIF

Always the fish most commented on when ppl see my tank for the 1st time

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People hate them, but a six-line wrasse. I just love them. They can be bullies, but if you select the right tank mates, there’s no problem. I just love how they zip in and out of the rock work, plus they’re great at removing some undesirable pests (lookin at you planaria).

OP
OP
sksouthpaw

sksouthpaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People hate them, but a six-line wrasse. I just love them. They can be bullies, but if you select the right tank mates, there’s no problem. I just love how they zip in and out of the rock work, plus they’re great at removing some undesirable pests (lookin at you planaria).
Agreed, I loved them, was one of my favorite fish in my previous tank, and was never aggressive!

Back