OP
OP
sksouthpaw

sksouthpaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on my dream fish(es) this weekend actually. Lightning maroon clowns. I have a got a 4" coming and picking up a 2" from lfs, this weekend hopefully, the 4" maybe a female but has never been mated/paired, same with 2". If the smaller one is gone then, a few are available online. I've been watching youtube and reading everything on pairing these temperamental fish. Gotto go slow. But having a suspected problem in DT so may have to put them on hold putting them in DT. They'll have to be qt introduced first. Wish me luck.
I love the lightning maroon’s such a unique fish. Hope you can get the DT back to regular health! Ill keep my fingers crossed for you! Atleast the quarantine should give you a couple weeks to get things sorted out in the DT.
good luck… and may the force be with you

OP
OP
sksouthpaw

sksouthpaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed out on a Golden Angel and a Potters Angel and have been bitter ever since. I still want a Magnificent Foxface, missed out on that one by the customer in front of me, even asked them outside the store if they would let me buy it from them for double.
Ugh thats the worst!!!! Ill keep my fingers crossed for ya! You never know!!!

OP
OP
sksouthpaw

sksouthpaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on availability (one of these)---Flame Angel, Potters or Coral Beauty
Anytime: Court Jester/Rainfordi Goby; McCosker's Wrasse; Clowns (any and all)
Never had a flame angel but was always intrigued. How are they temperment wise with other fish? Fairly docile?
I remember in my previous tank I was so close to getting one but at the time my lfs told me that it would nip at my zoas so to be careful. So that had deterred me

Lingwendil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all hate to admit it, but yes, Clownfish are a given. My personal favorite, however, is the Starry Blenny. It's just a fancy Algae Blenny, but dang do I love them.

Attachments

• IMG_20170730_174917.jpg
    IMG_20170730_174917.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20170730_174943.jpg
    IMG_20170730_174943.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
sksouthpaw

sksouthpaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all hate to admit it, but yes, Clownfish are a given. My personal favorite, however, is the Starry Blenny. It's just a fancy Algae Blenny, but dang do I love them.
Awesome, looks great! This or the regular algae blenny is actually going to be my next fish, just waiting for them to get a little guy in

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly most blennies in particular have great personalities, they're worth having as a display fish in their own right, rather than just a cleanup crew member. Highly recommended :)

I had two fish on order from a place that pre-quarantines. Unfortunately one fish didn't make it and they weren't able to get a timely replacement. They said that they had a Midas Blenny that would be ready, though. I'm so glad I decided to take the blenny! So much personality. Active and comical and unique. I'm a huge blenny fan now.

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on my dream fish(es) this weekend actually. Lightning maroon clowns. I have a got a 4" coming and picking up a 2" from lfs, this weekend hopefully, the 4" maybe a female but has never been mated/paired, same with 2". If the smaller one is gone then, a few are available online. I've been watching youtube and reading everything on pairing these temperamental fish. Gotto go slow. But having a suspected problem in DT so may have to put them on hold putting them in DT. They'll have to be qt introduced first. Wish me luck.
Step one is complete. First clown and anem paired. Now comes the hard part: Step 2 adding the 4" female.

Oddly enough (s)he jumped in the anem overnight, like less 8 hrs. Thiught it took a while. But the other fish did not give it a warm welcome. Specifically the alpha and beta, sailfin tang and coral beauty.

Last step is the dang near impossible: adding back in the ocellaris when the other two are established. I might move the anem to the absolute right side right now it's in the middle right side of the tank.

16234988112096727863662485980757.jpg

OP
OP
sksouthpaw

sksouthpaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! Thats her safe spot now! Ill be interested to see how it goes adding in the ocellaris, hopefully they can peacefully coexist.. know thats always a tough one though. Let me know how it goes!!

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Step one is complete. First clown and anem paired. Now comes the hard part: Step 2 adding the 4" female.

Oddly enough (s)he jumped in the anem overnight, like less 8 hrs. Thiught it took a while. But the other fish did not give it a warm welcome. Specifically the alpha and beta, sailfin tang and coral beauty.

Last step is the dang near impossible: adding back in the ocellaris when the other two are established. I might move the anem to the absolute right side right now it's in the middle right side of the tank.

16234988112096727863662485980757.jpg
She's big and a beauty! Moment of truth.

Attachments

• 1623511674353152793977051250158.jpg
    1623511674353152793977051250158.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 30

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While there are others I plan to get that I will most likely recommend to anyone over this fish, my favorite fish in my reef tank is my royal gramma.
152ED082-D8B4-4600-BE1C-67E36D7BD242.jpeg

He’s very sociable too unlike other Royal Grammas. He loves the other fish and swims along side them a lot, never nips at the other fish, not territorial for the whole tank (only his homemade), and finds a bunch of cool hiding places in the rocks.

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are special, such a majestic little fish (atleast the one I saw at my lfs was little)

I got 2 and at the time I thought they were the same species. They're not.

There was a time I thought they were pairing up, now I think that they're likely 2 males.

My hope is that if they're different enough to not crossbreed, they may also be different enough to not kill each other.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back