what is your favorite fish in your aquarium?

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful! are they reef safe?
Mine live in a mixed reef, they will peck at SPS, but they don’t damage it. They leave everything else alone. They are considered obligate corilavores and have historically been considered one of the most difficult fish to train to eat prepared foods. That hasn’t been my experience. All 4 of mine took to Masstick on the day they arrived

CrunchyBananas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many you have? And what size tank? Was thinking of getting one recently but heard they are shy and for the price wouldn’t wanna pay that much for a shy fish
I have 2 in a 60 gallon cube, one is definitely shy, but the other one thats in the pic is always front and center

Appoloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my Blue Hippo Tang. That said, I also like the narius snails that I have as part of my CUC. A 65 Gal Is too small for a Tang - think of how the fish will grow. Looking at your 65 Gallon Limit - I like my Clown Fish - I have a male and female (They are approx. 4 and 5) years old.
Well you could have a tang if you were willing to give it to someone or take it back to the LFS once it reached a size that was too large for the tank and maybe by that time they would be ready to upgrade. I have done this a few times.

Appoloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I am asking because i will get a 65 gallon tank soon, and hope to make it a mixed reef, and am looking for some good fish for my tank. What are your favorites?
Basically anything you can get as long as they are compatible. My favs are Blood Orange clowns, Chromis, Damsels

Appoloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, i wasnt gonna add any tangs or butterfly fish. Would a foxface be ok? According to liveAquaria the foxface rabbitfish needs a 70 gallon... Also i am planning on pairing clownfish and to have snails :)
Yes you could get a foxface but maybe once he got full grown you may have to rehome him and could always get another one. They are one of my favs also

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My randalli goby pair and there pistol shrimp so cool to watch em, 2nd would be my long nose or flame hawkfish they are both super fun to watch.
In my big tank either my yellow belly dogface puffer he's like a puppy dog lol or my minatus grouper or harlequin tusk

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too many to list, but in terms of uniqueness it would have to be the pair of Mandarin Dragonets that eat frozen food (the male even eats pellets!) They’re always on the prowl and quite entertaining to watch hunting!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Get some gobies, pick a couple small flasher /fairy wrasses. Wrasse all have amazing personalities. I miss having mine. Keep the top of the glass covered. Its how I lost my pin tail. I was lazy and didn't put my cover on, hour later... he was carpet surfing.

REEFCRAFT

Reefer & Realtor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite is my Gem.
20210623_152911-01.jpeg

OP
OP
Ro Bow

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My randalli goby pair and there pistol shrimp so cool to watch em, 2nd would be my long nose or flame hawkfish they are both super fun to watch.
In my big tank either my yellow belly dogface puffer he's like a puppy dog lol or my minatus grouper or harlequin tusk
Would a long nose hawk fish eat gobies or small fish?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back