What is your favorite reef salt to use?

What is your favorite salt brand?

• Total voters

catalyst corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your favorite salt brand to use? I have tried about 2 of them and I get different results in nutrients. What is your favorite brand to use and why?

So far I have used Tropic Marin only problem I have had with it is since the pandemic I had to switch brands due to lack of being able to find it. Lastly I am using Brightwell, It has been really great for me so far in water nutrients and its been really easy for me to restock in supplies even with the pandemic.

What are your opinions?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fritz blue for a couple years now, trading down from TMP and RSBlue. Good salts but inconsistent supply in my area.

I don’t heat it, mixes fast and clean, I have had zero skum, and appears mix up to the same levels every time. It matches what I run my DT at.

It’s also 1/2 the price.

Salt is salt.

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used live aquaria professional reef salt for the past 5 years and really like when I wait on LA discounts

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used IO Reef Crystals for a long time, but got tired of the crud in my mixing container. I switched to the RS Blue bucket for a bit, and then to HW MarineMix Reefer. I LOVE the HW salt. It mixes consisten, VERY fast, and leaves NO residue.

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixes fast (1 hour and it's clear), at the params I like and it stores without dropping.

Crashnt24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm liking the red sea blue bucket. Matches the alk I maintain for Triton. Has been mixing clearer than in the past (I used to use this years ago before I switched to tropic). It's cheap and available at my LFS.

Not really a downside from switching away from Tropic Marin. I even see faster Coraline growth.

Back