What is your favourite crustacean in your aquarium, and why?

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very random, but I am writing a character that is crustacean-based. And I kinda want a crustacean we may all often keep or want to keep or really, really love. Hence why I am asking here specifically. What is your favourite crustacean in your aquarium (or an aquarium if we want to expand the options a bit)?

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very random, but I am writing a character that is crustacean-based. And I kinda want a crustacean we may all often keep or want to keep or really, really love.
There's really no better point of departure for a story than a sexy shrimp.

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all! :D

I guess I have to go with the sexy shrimp though, I don't think I have any choice. XD XD XD

Nah some great ideas. Arrow crabs in particular... seeing all them long legs reminds me of slenderman. Might end up with an aquatic crustacean slenderman-ish character.

But long moustaches too... might be an interesting addition.

Maybe I should just combine all the unique aspects of everyone's suggestions together. XD

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all! :D

I guess I have to go with the sexy shrimp though, I don't think I have any choice. XD XD XD
"The moonlights had just come on, lurid and garish in their cheap fitting. The firefish had vacated the scene, and I saw one bristleworm, a tough customer by the looks of it, poke itself suggestively at some detritus. It was a dangerous night -- some joker had clearly put the flow on "storm" this evening -- and I battled the countercurrents. I slouched over my shell, musing another algae dinner, when a sexy shrimp scuttled over, her -- his -- its -- dang, I never could sex the things -- abdomen wiggling attractively at me. Clearly, I had a new customer...but little did I know at that time exactly how The Case of the Missing Dottyback would change lives around this nano build..."

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"The moonlights had just come on, lurid and garish in their cheap fitting. The firefish had vacated the scene, and I saw one bristleworm, a tough customer by the looks of it, poke itself suggestively at some detritus. It was a dangerous night -- some joker had clearly put the flow on "storm" this evening -- and I battled the countercurrents. I slouched over my shell, musing another algae dinner, when a sexy shrimp scuttled over, her -- his -- its -- dang, I never could sex the things -- abdomen wiggling attractively at me. Clearly, I had a new customer...but little did I know at that time exactly how The Case of the Missing Dottyback would change lives around this nano build..."
Gosh, are you a writer? If not, you should be.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gosh, are you a writer? If not, you should be.
My handwriting is far too crabbed at this point to be legible. And commercial writing is too much of a shell game for me. I also fear that my target audience would be pretty shrimpy, and I'd probably find myself underwater pretty quickly.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sexy shrimp are just too darn cute. BTW I love every single invert outside of my normal CUC... My urchins carrying around GSP on his head, my cleaner being so animated at feeding time and pistol shrimp always out to blast away intruders. Love em all but those dancing butt wiggles are the best.

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This funny girl in my 75

Attachments

• 7C75973F-CCFD-4A18-BD7C-49DF2CF7F74D.jpeg
    7C75973F-CCFD-4A18-BD7C-49DF2CF7F74D.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 20

GraveKone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines my Harlequin shrimp because of their unique diet of only starfish and because theya re one the coolest looking
Screenshot 2021-04-20 10.48.16 AM.png
animals in the world

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back