What is your "Holy Grail" coral you wish you could get.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like all of us in the hobby have that one particular coral we wish we could get our hands on, but maybe we can't get it due to the price of the coral, availability of the coral or maybe just not being compatible with our tank. Curious to hear what everyone's "holy grail" is!

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of them I just bought from a Hobbyist. A Blood Red Xenia. Three Heads for $15. The other I’m not telling you about, it’s advertised from a Hobbyist and we’ve been trying to set up a time I can come buy. I will tell you it’s branching and purple. BTW, I don’t get caught up in the so called “Designer,” Corals. I look for variety in the tank and overall color.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t call it holy grail so to speak but I would like to be brave enough to try some more expensive sps like jf jolt, homewrecker or walt disney. I am able to keep other sps but they normally are super slow growers except a few monti types. I would hate to spend the money then have them die on me.

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My list is pretty long but my biggest sticking point is that I'm not knowledgeable enough at this point to feel I could keep any of them alive, colorful and thriving so I stick to looking at pictures of them.

Some of the multi colored acros (TSA Rainbow Fusion, TSA Bubbleyum) or Purple Monster jawbreaker mushroom are really cool but no way they'd stay alive or look the way they're supposed to in my tank long term (yet) :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: .

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of chalices that were featured on Reef Builders a few years ago. They were referred to as the Fruit Salad Chalice and the Rainbow Road Chalice. I'm pretty sure the only way I would get my hands on those is to know/blackmail the people who collected them.
1684763299900.png

1684763402447.png

Alexraptor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooof, that's a tough question. I don't know in the singular sense, but I do have a fondness for "Floofy" SPS corals such as Pavona and Hydnophoras. Currently I'd love to get my hands on a sky blue hydnophora. I had a small frag that was one of my very first corals, but back then I couldn't meet its needs, and it eventually died.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of chalices that were featured on Reef Builders a few years ago. They were referred to as the Fruit Salad Chalice and the Rainbow Road Chalice. I'm pretty sure the only way I would get my hands on those is to know/blackmail the people who collected them.
1684763299900.png

1684763402447.png
Those would be some amazing chalices to have

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to get a purple monster acro. Never been able to find one for sale.
Oh, wow, just looked one up. Those are really nice looking. Never seen one of those before

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t call it holy grail so to speak but I would like to be brave enough to try some more expensive sps like jf jolt, homewrecker or walt disney. I am able to keep other sps but they normally are super slow growers except a few monti types. I would hate to spend the money then have them die on me.
I got a tiny frag of Walt Disney at a coral swap…didnt expect it to do too much but a year and a half later it’s still hanging in, despite an alkalinity disaster that killed a lot of stuff. It’s growing slowly and always has great polyp extension!

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those would be really nice to have!
Lol I just noticed my spelling error. That was supposed to be hydnophora. Stupid autocorrect. The only downside is they have an incredibly potent sting. Everything loses to it. They don't have sweepers fortunately. They'll nuke aiptasia if it gets too close. I used to have a frag I used as an anti-aiptasia sword

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are some absurd rainbow acanthos and trachys that I would love to have. But even if I had the cash, I'm not sure I would spend $5k on one.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a TSA Rainbow Fusion. I would like the Bubble Yum too.
Got a WD pencil erasrer nub 3 years ago. Dropped it when taking down the 120 and a small piece survived
Its 3 years old now and growing upward now on a 3"disc.
20230511_092848.jpg

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like all of us in the hobby have that one particular coral we wish we could get our hands on, but maybe we can't get it due to the price of the coral, availability of the coral or maybe just not being compatible with our tank. Curious to hear what everyone's "holy grail" is!
Scolys! Found one for a good deal but it died, could not figure out why for the life of me. They are so beautiful but expensive

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back