What is your most favorite part about these events? For me it's....YOU!

What is your most favorite part about attending shows like ReefAPalooza?

• Seeing other hobbyists

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Buying new corals

Votes: 95 60.9%
  • Buying new fish

Votes: 29 18.6%
  • Buying equipment and drygoods

Votes: 36 23.1%
  • Talking with companies within the industry

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 17 10.9%

• Total voters

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
And to add. . . This is the most essential item you can buy for these type of show. A basket to place on top that locks into it is $20 and holds all your frags and dry goods and is Fully waterproof !!

1655930133336.png

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this post is geared more towards hobbyist attending shows, but as a vendor attending shows one of our favorite parts is actually talking with the hobbyists, our customers. It's something we don't get to do very often which is meet people in person, and the shows give us an opportunity to do that and connect. It is one of them best parts of being a vendor out one of these shows.

With that said, VCA won't be officially at Reef-A-Palooza New York this year, we don't have a booth. However, I (Antonio) will be on hand cruising the show all day on Saturday. If you see me, the guy wearing VCA shirts, stop me and say, “Hi, and I’ll hand you some of this random swag Seeing me at the show iis the ONLY way to get an RFG Keychain

20220617_163249.jpg

If you spot me - I'll be wearing one of these two shirt

20220621_091959.jpg 20220620_203052.jpg

Last edited:

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @revhtree. Its meeting other reefers that make the show great. Its also a chance to meet friends that you don't see any other time of the year.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@revhtree, my highlight last year was meeting you and your wife. It was a very cool moment when you meet folks who love you the hobby as much as you do.
Definitely stopping by on Sunday!!!

My man!!! Definitely a highlight to see you too! Can't wait and we'll see you in a few days! :)

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have actually never been to one but would love to! I just missed one in my area by a few weeks and I was bummed so now I have to wait almost a year! If I did go I would love to buy coral but would depend on price because I am a bargain hunter! I think the best part would be browsing amongst the hobbist and checking out corals and new gear ect! Definitely going to plan a family vacay around it next year!

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part is finding Corals at discount prices...aside of visiting the R2R booth with free towels and candy! Went to the Orlando Reefpalooza event and scored some great Corals 25% less than LFS was selling!!

nudave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to say, as a newbie I didn't know what to expect. Driving 5 hours to go to a convention with @QueenROC was something neither of us have done before...but I have to say it was worth it. My favorite part of this is meeting the people behind the vendors. It's not just a shop, or a "vendor" but rather a person who cares about their product and cares about the people who buys their product.

I signed up for the R2R supporter just because I thought I could it would be the way to give back. After this weekend, I'm proud to say I paid to support R2R. The people are genuine and care about you!

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 5th time going to RAP NY. Each time the mission was to get a specific kind of corals depending on my tank readiness from Zoas, acans, or acros. So much fun going there and just being around like minded people. I swear we all have the same wiring of the brain.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back