What is your most favorite part about these events? For me it's....YOU!

What is your most favorite part about attending shows like ReefAPalooza?

• Seeing other hobbyists

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Buying new corals

Votes: 95 60.9%
  • Buying new fish

Votes: 29 18.6%
  • Buying equipment and drygoods

Votes: 36 23.1%
  • Talking with companies within the industry

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 17 10.9%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welp this weekend, in Secaucus NJ, is the next edition of the LARGEST Reefing Show on the planet, ReefAPalooza! YEA BABY! We're super stoked to be heading north to see thousands of saltwater reef aquarium hobbyists and the best of the best livestock, live and dry good vendors in the industry! Ok I'm even more excited now! HA! As awesome as it is to get great deals on aquarium gear and cool critters, the BEST thing about ReefAPalooza is seeing one another, the community of the event. The meeting, the laughing, the hugging, the swapping tank stories, crying and so much more. Which leads me to the question for today!

What is your most favorite part about attending aquarium shows like ReefAPalooza?

aaaa.jpg

Join REEF2REEF for the 7 th year of Reef-A-Palooza New York, taking place June 25-26, 2022, at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, NJ.

Reef-A-Palooza is a two-day event with over 100 of the industry’s leading coral, fish, and dry goods vendors. The purpose of the show is to provide an enjoyable, positive atmosphere that promotes education and product knowledge for everyone, from the beginning hobbyist to the advanced hobbyist. Participating exhibitors range from large manufacturers and retailers to small livestock sellers.

Don’t miss the huge raffles on Saturday and Sunday at 4:00 PM, with over one hundred items to raffle off, there is something for everyone.

If traveling from out-of-town, Harmon Meadows is packed with hotels, restaurants, and outlet shopping. New York City’s Times Square is just a short bus ride away. There is plenty to do for everyone. Bring the entire family to the show for a fun-filled weekend at Reef-A-Palooza!

Event Details:
  • Saturday, June 25, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
  • Sunday, June 26, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
  • $30.00 admission per person per day, kids 6 and under are free.
  • Enhance your experience with one of our upgraded Ultimate or Diamond ticket packages.
  • Parking is free.
  • Cash tickets only at the door. Purchase tickets in advance through the Reef-A-Palooza website.
  • Get in line early for the welcome bag full of freebies and samples. Available to the first 500 people with paid admission each day.
For more information on tickets and the event, please visit the Reef-A-Palooza website.

www.reefapaloozashow.net/newyork

rapNY_socialmediaSM1x1_update1.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Macna September- BRING IT ON

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never been to a huge show as over here we don’t really have them but have been to LFSs where I have been able to talk with other hobbyists and it’s not just people that don’t know much about the hobby instead it’s people from all “levels” from beginner to even long term dedicated hobbyists!

Tnops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're planning to attend Sunday! Will most of the livestock (fish & corals) be gone by Sunday or is there some sort of restocking? Also, any additional things to know as this is our first time visiting :)

Dave6771

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never been to a huge show as over here we don’t really have them but have been to LFSs where I have been able to talk with other hobbyists and it’s not just people that don’t know much about the hobby instead it’s people from all “levels” from beginner to even long term dedicated hobbyists!
We don't usually get events like that here in Arkansas. Our LFS's around here used to be ok, but I suppose they have all basically given up on keeping current equipment and stocking many marine specimens. Most have gone to fresh water mostly. The LFS closest to me also has aptasia issues as well, so you really have to be careful what you get and from what tanks. We do have a reef club I'm probably going to join soon, but it isn't all that active. Some big events would be great to go to and much welcomed though.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't usually get events like that here in Arkansas. Our LFS's around here used to be ok, but I suppose they have all basically given up on keeping current equipment and stocking many marine specimens. Most have gone to fresh water mostly. The LFS closest to me also has aptasia issues as well, so you really have to be careful what you get and from what tanks. We do have a reef club I'm probably going to join soon, but it isn't all that active. Some big events would be great to go to and much welcomed though.
Definitely agree with you - I joined my reef club but it isn’t really all that active.
I’ve gotten some great frags for excellent prices at my LFS though. One is unfortunately bleaching for some reason - Will do the tests later today or tomorrow.

shakacuz

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
this year i hope to network/connect with fellow hobbyists. last year it was to buy corals.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never been, not entirely certain I want to go... I am ultra anti-social and hate being around a lot of people who want to talk. But I'm perfectly fine being at Disney World because everyone is huddled into their own thing in their own groups :-D I don't mind small groups... 3-5 people... but any larger than that and I would rather be home by myself :-D

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
But what do you love the most about these shows?
Interaction with vendors and suppliers, samples, livestock specials and speakers

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Haven't been to one in almost 15 years. I would say new equipment was the best. Corals are put under super blue rave lights and nothing special. I can buy them online at any point.

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp this weekend, in Secaucus NJ, is the next edition of the LARGEST Reefing Show on the planet, ReefAPalooza! YEA BABY! We're super stoked to be heading north to see thousands of saltwater reef aquarium hobbyists and the best of the best livestock, live and dry good vendors in the industry! Ok I'm even more excited now! HA! As awesome as it is to get great deals on aquarium gear and cool critters, the BEST thing about ReefAPalooza is seeing one another, the community of the event. The meeting, the laughing, the hugging, the swapping tank stories, crying and so much more. Which leads me to the question for today!

What is your most favorite part about attending aquarium shows like ReefAPalooza?

aaaa.jpg

Join REEF2REEF for the 7 th year of Reef-A-Palooza New York, taking place June 25-26, 2022, at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, NJ.

Reef-A-Palooza is a two-day event with over 100 of the industry’s leading coral, fish, and dry goods vendors. The purpose of the show is to provide an enjoyable, positive atmosphere that promotes education and product knowledge for everyone, from the beginning hobbyist to the advanced hobbyist. Participating exhibitors range from large manufacturers and retailers to small livestock sellers.

Don’t miss the huge raffles on Saturday and Sunday at 4:00 PM, with over one hundred items to raffle off, there is something for everyone.

If traveling from out-of-town, Harmon Meadows is packed with hotels, restaurants, and outlet shopping. New York City’s Times Square is just a short bus ride away. There is plenty to do for everyone. Bring the entire family to the show for a fun-filled weekend at Reef-A-Palooza!

Event Details:
  • Saturday, June 25, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
  • Sunday, June 26, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
  • $30.00 admission per person per day, kids 6 and under are free.
  • Enhance your experience with one of our upgraded Ultimate or Diamond ticket packages.
  • Parking is free.
  • Cash tickets only at the door. Purchase tickets in advance through the Reef-A-Palooza website.
  • Get in line early for the welcome bag full of freebies and samples. Available to the first 500 people with paid admission each day.
For more information on tickets and the event, please visit the Reef-A-Palooza website.

www.reefapaloozashow.net/newyork

rapNY_socialmediaSM1x1_update1.jpg
I like seeing innovative aquascapes, learning about the newest hot corals being introduced into the hobby, and getting feedback on how other hobbyists address challenges differently when they come across the problems we all face (as in, no two tanks are alike). So, I guess, the culture, overall.
Winning stuff is definitely a bonus!

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never been to one before. I'm going to the one in California. Seems CA is a little different, parking is $24 and welcome bag for diamond pass holders. Wonder what's in the welcome bag. Besides that, I'm looking forward to it (corals, drygoods, equipments).

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be going to the California show also. I like to just wander around and look at new stuff just to get ideas for any future builds. That and maybe get lucky in a raffle. This year it lands on my wife's birthday so decided to get a room and make it part of the weekend away, even though we live just 15 minutes away.:grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the feedback so far!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back