What is your total cost of the BRS 2-part system every month ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the old days (the 90's) a friend and I would buy a 40lb pharmaceutical quality bag of calcium chloride to mix and dose out reefs as well as lime water. I'm setting up a 125g mixed system, but little spa's, for now anyway. Watching Ryan's (great guy) video an how to mix their 2-part, looks like it takes a lot of the powder. Apx,..How much would cost every month ?

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I restarted my 180g using ESV B-Ionic and am going through 1g of each every 27 days and it's getting expensive. I know I should look into the BRS dry 2-part but just the thought of using 32% more makes me hesitant since my salinity needs correction monthly already. There's also the missing elements that I don't need to think about if using ESV.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank's daily consumption will really dictate how long a gallon of solution will last, but here is a hypothetical just for fun.

Assuming your tank uses about 10 ppm calcium a day and is 125 gallons in total volume, a gallon of calcium chloride mixed to our instructions will last 30 days. If you buy the bulk bag (which makes a little more than 6 gallons of solution), you'll have 6 months worth of calcium chloride solution for $22.99, or $3.83 per month for calcium dosing.

Assuming that same tank consumes about 1.4 dKH alkalinity per day, a gallon of Soda Ash solution will also last about 30 days. If you go with the bulk bag for Soda Ash too, you're looking at $22.99 for that same 6 month supply, or $3.83 per month for your alkalinity dosing. Your exact cost may be greater or less depending on your tank's demands.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back