what kind of anemone is this? bubble? long tent? condy? it keeps moving all around

bosstoneschick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea of what kind and is it bleached?

Thanks

20210108_202657.jpg 20210109_090525.jpg 20210109_093552.jpg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it's a Condy. I think the white ones always have purple tips to the tentacles (maybe unless it's been bleached).

OP
OP
B

bosstoneschick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it's a Condy. I think the white ones always have purple tips to the tentacles (maybe unless it's been bleached).
it was just put in late last night so it was stressed...it has a light tint of a pinkish brown to it now...i was told it was a bubble but i didn't see anything on the ends to make it one....it was sold to me to host my 2 clowns...and i started reading online about different ones to stay away from etc.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This anemone need a deep sand bed, about 3+ inches bright light, like SPS type light but need low flow. Flow should move the tentacle somewhat but not the flow of Magnifica or Gigantea. More like LPS level of flow.
Good luck with him.

OP
OP
B

bosstoneschick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'll move more sand over by it for it....the tentacles move a tiny bit so i think flow should be good.....anything else i should do for it? or should i just return it? what should i do?

OP
OP
B

bosstoneschick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's starting to have like a purple color to it....i had to aim my power head down weird to keep the flow away from it.

Attachments

• 141750615_10158575769911187_5860855647452962770_o.jpg
    141750615_10158575769911187_5860855647452962770_o.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 61

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's starting to have like a purple color to it....i had to aim my power head down weird to keep the flow away from it.
Wow...originally I thought it looked like a long tent, but being that it's found a home in the rockwork, I guess not. Maybe a bubble. Looks to be doing much better regardless!

OP
OP
B

bosstoneschick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...originally I thought it looked like a long tent, but being that it's found a home in the rockwork, I guess not. Maybe a bubble. Looks to be doing much better regardless!
it was sold to me as a bubble but in the beginning it didnt look like that at all...i've been babying it to keep it happy and feeding it since my clown fish have yet to take to it lol

CanuckReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was sold to me as a bubble but in the beginning it didnt look like that at all...i've been babying it to keep it happy and feeding it since my clown fish have yet to take to it lol
Yep, and you may find that clown simply won't , all depends....my clown of 16 years has never gone near any of my Nems and I've had 3 different species over the years lol... a bit of a nomad...

OP
OP
B

bosstoneschick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, and you may find that clown simply won't , all depends....my clown of 16 years has never gone near any of my Nems and I've had 3 different species over the years lol... a bit of a nomad...
lol yeah i believe my clown fish are ocellaris...i'm not too sure...this is my first salt water journey

CanuckReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol yeah i believe my clown fish are ocellaris...i'm not too sure...this is my first salt water journey
Well, tank looks great, lots of coraline , and like the rock scape. It goes UP from here... a few downs guaranteed, but the climb is worth it.

OP
OP
B

bosstoneschick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, tank looks great, lots of coraline , and like the rock scape. It goes UP from here... a few downs guaranteed, but the climb is worth it.
Thanks..I'm going super slow to avoid problems. I'm looking at a light upgrade now. I got the stuff to have a lid built this weekend and now just to scope out a nice light :)

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like OrionN stated. A very bleached LTA. Your first pics confirmed showing spots and red foot. It is not BTA. Confirmed LTA.

Don't make fast changes. It seems to be acclimating. But know, they are a sand dwelling anemone. When it figures itself out, it should move to the sand. Great job slowly acclimating it. You’re not done. I have not seen a LTA stay in the rocks long term. You may be a first, but I wouldn’t bet on it. Looks like it’s gaining color, very good. When it gets stronger, I would expect it to move to the sand. Keep doing what you’re doing. That should turn into a real beauty.

OP
OP
B

bosstoneschick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like OrionN stated. A very bleached LTA. Your first pics confirmed showing spots and red foot. It is not BTA. Confirmed LTA.

Don't make fast changes. It seems to be acclimating. But know, they are a sand dwelling anemone. When it figures itself out, it should move to the sand. Great job slowly acclimating it. You’re not done. I have not seen a LTA stay in the rocks long term. You may be a first, but I wouldn’t bet on it. Looks like it’s gaining color, very good. When it gets stronger, I would expect it to move to the sand. Keep doing what you’re doing. That should turn into a real beauty.
It moved about 3 times since I've had it. One time in sand and 2 times in the rocks. I'm just happy its looking better! I've been really babying it along to get it this far. I'm hoping at some point a better light will really help it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back