What kind of bristle worm good or bad

ATC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still pretty new to this hobby so I figured I would consult those that know more than me. So while I was feeding tonight I spotted this guy I’m pretty sure it’s a bristle worm just no treasure if it’s the bad guy or the good guy. I’ve heard that depending on what kind it is they are good cleanup crew.
Orange head brownish black body.
1A40FFF5-59A0-4B2C-B537-3D7F320472A3.jpeg

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's the common, harmless kind. You'll get loads if you overfeed, and if a coral is dying, they'll probably eat it. They don't eat healthy things. Don't touch your rock with your bare hands, to avoid the bristles and more importantly to avoid potential nasty bacteria and sharp edges on the rocks.

OP
OP
ATC

ATC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the common, harmless kind. You'll get loads if you overfeed, and if a coral is dying, they'll probably eat it. They don't eat healthy things. Don't touch your rock with your bare hands, to avoid the bristles and more importantly to avoid potential nasty bacteria and sharp edges on the rocks.
Sounds like free cleanup crew to me . I just will leave him be the wife said he’s gross and needs to go but if he’s harmless he can just hang out I think he’s kind of cool looking just don’t want anything that’s going to hurt my fish I’m already surprisingly Attached to them.

OP
OP
ATC

ATC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is free cleanup crew! And will definitely not hurt your fish. The fireworms that cause trouble in reef tanks eat coral, not fish, and this isn't one of those.
That’s good to hear we are going on a trip in a couple weeks and when we get back I’m going to start adding some coral. My friend that’s watching our house is already terrified he’s going to screw one of my tanks up. No point in making scarier for him

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back