What kind of clown is this

clownfishdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im new to reefing and i want to get another clown this week to start pairing them when they are young but im not sure what kind of clown this is and what kinds i can pair it with, does anyone have any ideas of what kind of clownfish this is and what kinds i can pair it with

FD06AFD1-D613-443D-815F-51715AC23D8A.jpeg 8DF5651E-83E2-47E9-841C-7E27A47EE018.jpeg

OP
OP
clownfishdaddy

clownfishdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so sad its in a 24 gallon fishtank im new to reefing and i heard they grow big i cant keep him my LFS sold me it :( told me it would be good for my tank

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so sad its in a 24 gallon fishtank im new to reefing and i heard they grow big i cant keep him my LFS sold me it :( told me it would be good for my tank
It should be fine in your tank for at least a year or two I’d think. If not, I’ll need a bigger tank sooner than I planned on I’m also new to this so take that with a grain of salt

OP
OP
clownfishdaddy

clownfishdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its 1000% a tomato clown i gotta get a diffe clown cuz i have a 25”4 gallon and my LFS sold me it i dont feel com
It should be fine in your tank for at least a year or two I’d think. If not, I’ll need a bigger tank sooner than I planned on I’m also new to this so take that with a grain of salt
i’m definitely gonna bring it back I just don’t feel comfortable whatsoever putting a fish in a tank that it’s not gonna like i also have this currently as a 5 year tank so im not upgrading soon just upsetting he wouldnt disclose it gets large especially after i told him i dont want a big fish

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its 1000% a tomato clown i gotta get a diffe clown cuz i have a 25”4 gallon and my LFS sold me it i dont feel com

i’m definitely gonna bring it back I just don’t feel comfortable whatsoever putting a fish in a tank that it’s not gonna like i also have this currently as a 5 year tank so im not upgrading soon just upsetting he wouldnt disclose it gets large especially after i told him i dont want a big fish
I just read yesterday that long fin clownfish like mine only get to about 3” and are more suitable for 20 gal than a lot of other clowns! Maybe you should give that a try though they also may not live as long due to the focus of their breeding being on appearance and not good genetics

OP
OP
clownfishdaddy

clownfishdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read yesterday that long fin clownfish like mine only get to about 3” and are more suitable for 20 gal than a lot of other clowns! Maybe you should give that a try though they also may not live as long due to the focus of their breeding being on appearance and not good genetics
i already had purchased a new clown i honestly am not a fan of breeding fish with long fins i just personally find it unethical but here is my new clown she is an ocellaris and im currently trying to pair her with a juvenile wyoming white and she is doing good so far gonna leave him in a breeder box in the tank for 48hours to avoid any immediate aggression from her since she is about fully grown

Attachments

• DF83C484-F776-4A18-9DE5-D2955114C92F.png
    DF83C484-F776-4A18-9DE5-D2955114C92F.png
    664 KB · Views: 37
  • C4CE68EB-D812-4596-8695-8CF055454EDF.png
    C4CE68EB-D812-4596-8695-8CF055454EDF.png
    560.8 KB · Views: 38
  • E56FD163-45B7-4784-950B-49C6AF993668.png
    E56FD163-45B7-4784-950B-49C6AF993668.png
    497.9 KB · Views: 41

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i already had purchased a new clown i honestly am not a fan of breeding fish with long fins i just personally find it unethical but here is my new clown she is an ocellaris and im currently trying to pair her with a juvenile wyoming white and she is doing good so far gonna leave him in a breeder box in the tank for 48hours to avoid any immediate aggression from her since she is about fully grown
Oh wow nice fish! Wyoming White Clowns are designer clowns like longfins so I’m not sure it’s any more ethical to breed them than it is the latter. Their health just depends on the individual breeder and how much they care about the fish and the knowledge they possess about them. I’m curious what about it you find unethical though! Maybe there’s something I don’t know

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow nice fish! Wyoming White Clowns are designer clowns like longfins so I’m not sure it’s any more ethical to breed them than it is the latter. Their health just depends on the individual breeder and how much they care about the fish and the knowledge they possess about them. I’m curious what about it you find unethical though! Maybe there’s something I don’t know
I’m not trying to argue my point, I’m genuinely just curious.

OP
OP
clownfishdaddy

clownfishdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no arguing here!! I come from the freshwater community and in my experience especially with fish like beta fish they just end up being extremely unhealthy or living a harder life because of their physical traits like long fins and from fish perspective I can only imagine it’s more difficult to swim with longfins in heavier flow for especially something like a clownfish, just like its harder on womens backs for people that have bigger boobs but on the topic of this fish being “designer” im honestly not too aware of the health problems that may occur from it im just basing my ethics off of experience not so much fact

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no arguing here!! I come from the freshwater community and in my experience especially with fish like beta fish they just end up being extremely unhealthy or living a harder life because of their physical traits like long fins and from fish perspective I can only imagine it’s more difficult to swim with longfins in heavier flow for especially something like a clownfish, just like its harder on womens backs for people that have bigger boobs but on the topic of this fish being “designer” im honestly not too aware of the health problems that may occur from it im just basing my ethics off of experience not so much fact
Oh okay that makes perfect sense! I can definitely see that being an issue in medium-high flow tanks and maybe even some low flow tanks for certain clowns. That’s fair to base it off of experience as that is usually more reliable than what the internet says hahaha

OP
OP
clownfishdaddy

clownfishdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh okay that makes perfect sense! I can definitely see that being an issue in medium-high flow tanks and maybe even some low flow tanks for certain clowns. That’s fair to base it off of experience as that is usually more reliable than what the internet says hahaha
indeed, im only looking out for the best of my critters its also alot of problems with getting there fins caught in filters especially with bettas and hang on filters ive seen many people have the issue i dont use a hang on for my tank but i do have quite high flow

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back