What kind of hermit crab is this?

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a order of Dwarf Cerith Snails and I noticed that one of them was a hermit crab. I have 3 hermit crabs already in my tank and want to know if anyone can identify what kind this is. Thanks in advance I know the picture isn’t the best because it’s back is turned around.

7001902A-0D82-4C35-9945-8AC90A2494CC.jpeg

firmefatboy799

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most crabs just grab whatever free shell is laying around, so shell doesn't seem like much of an indication, there's really only 2 common cuc crabs ones a red legged and ones a blue legged, that would be the deciding thing is leg color, reds are ******s and blues and old people type of ******s haha hopefully a blue, either way im about done with my hermits they mess up stuff over and over im switching to snails hope this helps

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most crabs just grab whatever free shell is laying around, so shell doesn't seem like much of an indication, there's really only 2 common cuc crabs ones a red legged and ones a blue legged, that would be the deciding thing is leg color, reds are ******s and blues and old people type of ******s haha hopefully a blue, either way im about done with my hermits they mess up stuff over and over im switching to snails hope this helps
Hahahahh thanks. Yea that is what is throwing me off because it’s legs are white

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are white tipped hermit crabs, can't tell what this one looks like

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it finally turned around and I got a good look at it. It’s a blue hermit crab. It’s back legs are white though the rest the are blue.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back