What kind of shroom?

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got these in a tank breakdown sale a while back. Any idea what they are? The colors are pretty neat, IMO. Pink/Red, blue/purple, green.

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a Blurry one :angel:

Sorry couldnt help myself. Very cool looking shroom, but i have no idea what it is

bob

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think they are yumas, but the have cool coloration. Perhaps actinodiscus? If they have a bumpy texture, they might be rhodactis, but they look fairly smooth in the pic

tampasnooker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be, but I don't think it's a Riccordea yuma - not enough vessicles (bumps) A yuma has vessicles all the way around the mouth and the disc is usually much denser packed. Yumas are typically bulbed like that though. I'd look into Actinodiscus and Discoma species that get pronounced vessicles as well - they often swell when stressed or defending themselves. Rhodactis typically have pronounced vessicles but often forked or straight and narrow instead of bulbed like yours, IME. I could very well be wrong though...

Last edited:

organism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are a pimpled mushroom that comes in from I believe either Bali or Vietnam, they can morph quite a bit depending on lighting. Generic, but with the right macro shot and lighting they can look pretty good. Most LA shops tend to have them on hand fairly often :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back