What kinda crabs are these guys?

SaltyGinger42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, got a couple crabs the other day. They have white tips on their claws and legs. Was just wondering if anyone knew what kind they were?
20210723_181840.jpg

OP
OP
SaltyGinger42

SaltyGinger42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me they appear to be Mexican red legged hermits.
See I thought the same at first but on closer look I found that the mexican red legged crabs have red tips on the end of their claws not white ones. And these guys have solid red legs but they don't look like a scarlet reef hermit to me cause of the size of their claws and color patterns

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See I thought the same at first but on closer look I found that the mexican red legged crabs have red tips on the end of their claws not white ones. And these guys have solid red legs but they don't look like a scarlet reef hermit to me cause of the size of their claws and color patterns
Oh I see what you’re saying. The very tip of their legs are white, not “candy cane” striped.

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know but they’re my favorite type of hermits! You usually find them mixed in with red legs. I have a few of them now. I love how you can see their eyes

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back