What kinds of anemone is this?

danissl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flower_Pot_Coral_%28Goniopora_sp.%29_%288457415716%29.jpg
0194_C1_02.jpg

Goniopora columna, AKA Flower pot coral. The ID's are correct. Yours is just slightly closed up, most likely due to different lighting or the fact it was transported. Asking for advice then telling people who know that they aren't wrong... wastes your time and theirs. I'm going with everyone else that positively ID'd this coral.

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flower_Pot_Coral_%28Goniopora_sp.%29_%288457415716%29.jpg
0194_C1_02.jpg

Goniopora columna, AKA Flower pot coral. The ID's are correct. Yours is just slightly closed up, most likely due to different lighting or the fact it was transported. Asking for advice then telling people who know that they aren't wrong... wastes your time and theirs. I'm going with everyone else that positively ID'd this coral.
It's a sea pen.

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude I got told wrong I information at my lfs. And came here to seek advice and all you really have done is attack me about it now your quoting the guidelines... is this a joke you've done nothing to actually help you've just ridiculed me.
I do agree with the id as well.i don't agree with how this gentleman is being treated.is this really the best help we can offer?I think our members deserve a little better!

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading that article I can say with 100 percent confidence that my lfs did not know what this was and tomorrow I'm going to call them and explain this and ask to get a refund and bring it back. Although he has enough sand to bury himself I don't think my flow is ok however lighting is fine for this particular invert

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know. :oops:

Give every hobbyist the benefit of a doubt. I can always be wrong, as with all contributors to a thread.

It could be Sea Pen and I provided a good link to a Sea Pen's husbandry, and considered an alternative ID. If the OP states that animal moves around and has a column like an anemone, even though I am inclined to say Goniopora, ok I will entertain an alternative ID.

I am just a girl trying to help someone out, what more can be done.;)

Mike Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forty five dollars that could go to a light, just saying.

It's not about the price it's about doing the best to keep those creatures you have purchased alive and thriving. If you do not even know what it is how can you care for it?

From the Terms of Service.

Ethical fishkeeping:

The owners of Reef2Reef adhere to certain standards of ethical fish keeping. We believe that freshwater and saltwater aquarists are directly responsible for the health and well being of any aquatic animals in their care, be they fish or invertebrate. These responsibilities include providing a healthy aquatic environment, humane treatment, humane euthanasia (when required), as well as obtaining and disposing of aquatic animals in such a way that does not damage sensitive local ecosystems. Posts advocating the illegal collection of fish or invertebrates, inhumane treatment, flushing live animals down the toilet, or releasing them into the wild will be removed.

We want everyone to enjoy this wonderful hobby and we encourage members to seek assistance first and foremost, but you have meet us at least some of the way.
[emoji818] It's all about husbandry, I have been an aquarisist for 40 years, I grew up in a family of aquarium keepers. I have been in the saltwater/reef hobby for close to 25 years. Before I came back to reefs last year after doing Africans for a while, I did a lot of reeding and research before I set up my old African tank as a reef, wow how things have changed in just a few years.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back