What kinds of clowns can go together?

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
So years into reefing and I always thought you could only have 1 pair of clowns per tank ever. Recently learned that you can have other pairs of different species. I feel silly. Lol. So can anyone tell me what the different groups are? I have a pair of ocelaris (an orange picasso and a black and white). I just added a pink and orange skunk. What other clowns can I add? (220g reef tank- 3 tangs, emp angel, 2 fire fish, 3 cardinals, lep wrasse,mandarin, flame angel, 3 chromis, +/- a couple I'm probably forgetting). Thanks!

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is clowns will fight if there are two females in a small space. In such a large tank you should be good they might not even know each other exist.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should not (cannot) have more than 1 pair. Two females will really need huge spaces. I have a 320 with a numbers of natural host anemone and cannot keep 2 pairs. I can keep several sub males in with a pair. They got abuse but survive. Not another female however, even if different species.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can have more than 1 pair of different species. I just was trying to find out common names of the different species. I'll try to find out elsewhere.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back