What led bar are you using for t5 supplement? Reefbrite, Orphek, nicobars, etc

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to see what others are running for a supplemental led bar? I am looking to add some leds to my tank and am currently using a giesemann matrixx ii 6 bulb. Wanted to hear peoples opinions if they have seen or used any before and which you believe gives the best pop to the corals.

Tidal_aq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to see what others are running for a supplemental led bar? I am looking to add some leds to my tank and am currently using a giesemann matrixx ii 6 bulb. Wanted to hear peoples opinions if they have seen or used any before and which you believe gives the best pop to the corals.
Not supplemental but I’m running 4 nico bars. 2 uv 1 blue 1 white. The color pop is amazing and with blues and up at 60% and white at 15% I’m getting 150 par consistently across the substrate 350 up top of rock work 4 something at surface. All at 100 was like 240 at substrate and 800 at surface.

Tidal_aq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a huge fan of OR3 blue plus light bars. They are equal to 2 T5's.
I use one on my 120 and when the halides are off the corals pop as they say.
I just use for dawn dusk viewing.
Orphek makes a killer light, I would go as far as the saying the gold standard of led bars for years. Seeing the nicos next to the Orpheks over two frag flats side by side I’ll say the nicos give better color but I wouldn’t hesitate buying Orpheks for something if I got the right deal ha

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek makes a killer light, I would go as far as the saying the gold standard of led bars for years. Seeing the nicos next to the Orpheks over two frag flats side by side I’ll say the nicos give better color but I wouldn’t hesitate buying Orpheks for something if I got the right deal ha
I agree!
If I was to go full led on my tank I would all OR3 bars and not look back.

OP
OP
D

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there even a place to purchase the nicobars online through? Im having trouble finding info on it. Anyone use the dimmable Sbars yet? Im surprised the whole reefbrite xho gang isnt here yet lol

OP
OP
D

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And realistically right now I was between the orphek and nicobars just seems the orphek is way easier to acquire

OP
OP
D

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tanks by the way both of your tanks look excellent and have amazing fluorescence

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek FTW. Sold my RB for these, what a better light and it's cheaper. The build quality is 3x better than the RB, they are brighter and give off better color due to the different blues they use. Only down side, the wire that comes from the light bar is to short, once you connect the ballast it ends up hanging in the air. I had to get extensions so I could place the ballasts on a flat surface and not hang.

OP
OP
D

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use the Orphek UV bar with t5 or is everyone using the blue plus

Tidal_aq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use the Orphek UV bar with t5 or is everyone using the blue plus
Reef delight is local to me. And I believe they are 10% off. If you need to get in touch with them pm me.
as far as dimmable goes that’s what I’m running. Super easy WiFi connection and simple app

OP
OP
D

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
probably i will go with 1 non-dimmable if i go with them as it is for accent lighting to the t5s. Lol just saw orpheks are 10% off on saltwateraquariums.com as well. Man these 2 are neck and neck in every way it seems

Tidal_aq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
probably i will go with 1 non-dimmable if i go with them as it is for accent lighting to the t5s. Lol just saw orpheks are 10% off on saltwateraquariums.com as well. Man these 2 are neck and neck in every way it seems
E mail archit over at reef delight. He’s the owner and designer great guy lives an hr away from me. His customer service is A+ and it’s nice being able to talk to the owner direct. [email protected]

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back