What led's for my 25 nano?

natesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im planning on switching to led's in the near future. I definitely want them to be dimmable and i prefer the higher end led's like bridgelux, cree, and epistar. So far im thinking either the new evolution dimmables or an AI sol blue. Does anyone have recommendations for either, or a different fixture that would work?
Thanks

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard the AI Nano's are pretty good. For the AI Sol's, you would have to dim them to 30-40%.

reefhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, i agree the nano would be to small. I have a 24x24x12 and use an ai sol blue w/ controller and it is by the far the best fixture i have owned. The color options are endless. My controller was on back-order for about 17 days and my zoas and sps did fine with it on 100percent. Of course the zoas were on the far edges and shaded but i surprised/lucky. I had an ora red planet about 12in directly under and the tips did bleach some but nothing serious.

Bandomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running the AI Nano. You definitely won't get a spread of 27 inches. Heck, I don't think you'll even get that spread with one regular AI's (I was using two on my 50 breeder). I would recommend 2 AI nano's. If you have the patience, wait for Black Friday.

OP
OP
natesreef

natesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely could wait until black friday. Are there usually good discounts for equipment? I dont think i want to pay to get two Nanos and a controller, thats a little bit out of my price range. If i do decide to go with AI i will just mount the sol a bit higher. Ive been hearing about how apollo led is coming out with a dimmable so i may wait to see that. Does anybody have good experience with apollo or evolution?

Spaceman Spliff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Spaceman Spliff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try a non pro panorama or a stunner strip? I didn't know the older non pro panorama came in magenta. I'm not an Ecoxotic expert though so I could be wrong. If it was a stunner, they aren't really bright so you probably didn't see much difference running them with your daylights.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back