What light is best for me?

fsas89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having a heck of a time finding a light that's within my budget but good for my tank! I have a 36g bow front about 24 deep and 30 wide. zoas, duncan, favite, Long Tent. Anenome, gsp, xenia, and a mushroom what im rocking atm. Im looking into either

Or

or any other suggestions please and thanks!

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the viparspectra you have pictures is a good option. raise up above the water surface by 12” or so to get a good spread. It’s very strong so you’ll want to start a low intensity percentage and then slowly increase it over several week. It’s a very popular budget led and are proven to grow corals no problem.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those things are terrible to light. The center brace casts a large shadow. I used a reef breeders photon V2+ over one. It was ok. But I thinking I were doing it again I’d use 2 primes or something if the sort to get rid of the center brace shadow.

I have a Chinese black box that you can have for the cost to ship. You will need to supply two PC monitor power cables to get power on it. I have no idea where they went. But they do grow corals.

OP
OP
F

fsas89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the viparspectra you have pictures is a good option. raise up above the water surface by 12” or so to get a good spread. It’s very strong so you’ll want to start a low intensity percentage and then slowly increase it over several week. It’s a very popular budget led and are proven to grow corals no problem.
The problem I had with this one was the chains to hang, they were only like 24'' or something...my ceiling is huge, any other mounting options with this you know of?

OP
OP
F

fsas89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those things are terrible to light. The center brace casts a large shadow. I used a reef breeders photon V2+ over one. It was ok. But I thinking I were doing it again I’d use 2 primes or something if the sort to get rid of the center brace shadow.

I have a Chinese black box that you can have for the cost to ship. You will need to supply two PC monitor power cables to get power on it. I have no idea where they went. But they do grow corals.
Thanks! I may take you up on that :p

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back