What lights do you guys use

KPH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently using a Current USA marine orbit LED strip. Really good budget light for under 200 and I’ve got pretty good coral growth. Although I’m soon switching to either the Current USA R24 or the Red Sea 50 or 90.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use the orbit marine IC x 2 . Depends what you want to grow.
Also if its FoWLR or lps, softy. This does matter in your choice of lights.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI sunpower... I bought a used fixture for 200... and that 200 bucks grows anything in a 80g. All the parts on it are replaceable and it will last forever. I buy new bulbs every 12 months.

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PopBloom RS90's. Great price for a nice compact LED. Have 2 of them on my 92 corner.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking for recommendations for lights for a 75 that wont break the bank. What lights qre you guys using
My mom says I’m a ray of sunlight and my nana says I’m a breath of fresh air and yet my corals don’t grow and my PH is 6.0.

let’s break it down!

stratons: they’re so pretty. Wide . Look nice. Good luck finding them.

Orphek: see above minus the pretty.

Radion: So shiny. Like hanging circa 1995 video game consoles over your tank. They grow stuff but don’t have quite the spread of the above lights but a better spread than say a Kessil or bulb. Spread and color mix (with diffuser) is much better on the G5’s. Prepare to use one xr30 per 18x18 of square footage in your tank or the SPS authority will make you march through town in your skivvies while they scream “shade! Shade!” And ring a small bell.

Kessil: single point of light. So stylish. It’s a unique look to the inside of the tank. Grow stuff but prepare to supplement with T5 or use a lot of them…or prepare to meet the SPS authority again. Not as powerful as Radions.

Black Boxes: not UL listed. May catch on fire. May report your darkest secrets back to their red communist masters. Will probably grow coral.

T5: Lot of light. Good cost. Proven winner. No apparent government affiliation. SPS authority approved on reasonably shallow tanks.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mom says I’m a ray of sunlight and my nana says I’m a breath of fresh air and yet my corals don’t grow and my PH is 6.0.

let’s break it down!

stratons: they’re so pretty. Wide . Look nice. Good luck finding them.

Orphek: see above minus the pretty.

Radion: So shiny. Like hanging circa 1995 video game consoles over your tank. They grow stuff but don’t have quite the spread of the above lights but a better spread than say a Kessil or bulb. Spread and color mix (with diffuser) is much better on the G5’s. Prepare to use one xr30 per 18x18 of square footage in your tank or the SPS authority will make you march through town in your skivvies while they scream “shade! Shade!” And ring a small bell.

Kessil: single point of light. So stylish. It’s a unique look to the inside of the tank. Grow stuff but prepare to supplement with T5 or use a lot of them…or prepare to meet the SPS authority again. Not as powerful as Radions.

Black Boxes: not UL listed. May catch on fire. May report your darkest secrets back to their red communist masters. Will probably grow coral.

T5: Lot of light. Good cost. Proven winner. No apparent government affiliation. SPS authority approved on reasonably shallow tanks.
200.gif

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back