What makes a tank stand out to you?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite things to look at while on R2R is people's reef tanks. I love seeing the way people do their aquascape, or how they keep their whole tank set up organized. I am wondering what makes a tank stand out to you? Maybe it is the marine life they keep in the tank, or maybe it is the size of the tank. Curious to hear everyone's input!

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the above poster, clear water, a photo not drenched in blue, a rainbow of colors - regardless of size or budget this is one of the things that stands out to me.

The other thing that stands out to me is people that invest in a beautiful tank, whether on custom cabinetry, or even more so built into the house. And you look at this spectacular installation of a reef aquarium and you get a view of frag racks all over the front glass and 3 different monster pumps mounted in plain view on the front sides of the tank. Seriously - this looks like a natural environment? When they were dreaming of this beautiful tank they imagined dirty algae covered, neon colored plastic frag racks stuck all over the front glass..... Come on - No way your wife approved that dream tank. :)

Dave B

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm another vote for the fish. Activity in the tank is what stands out for me... colorful fish and lots of movement.

TinyReefObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the biodiversity & natural looking environment. The biodiversity might not be something noticed immediately, but I enjoy discovering more critters/ microfauna as I spend time with the tank. …although the natural looking tank environment is precisely what makes mine so difficult to clean (rock all the way up to the glass >.< lol).

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to see an assortment of coral species that a mixed reef brings. It's cool to see how coral react to each other in a mature tank. I currently have two displays, but each are grouped by one type of coral. One sps, one softy. So mature mixed tanks always look awesome to me.

meefsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love to see tanks that incorporate unusual fish or things like macroalgae into the display. It also looks great when things have naturally grown in and aren't just laid out on a grid or scattered at random.

Nino143

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crystal clear water & people that invest in a beautiful tank, especially if its on a custom aquarium, external overflow no background just clear ore frosted background and I really like shallow tanks

curt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish.I like to seat and look at the fish swim around.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean presentation. No frag racks, no magnetic cleaners, and no wire rats nest.

Properly built reef habitat for the fish. No NSA nonsense.

Back