What material are magnet anti slip pads made of?

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers, does anyone know what material is used to prevent magnets from slipping?
I 3D printed a magnetic probe holder and the magnets will stay together but they will slip across the glass surface.
It seems that most manufacturers (Neptune, AI, Ecotech) use a neoprene-like surface on both the wet and the dry side of the magnet. I'm trying to find a reef safe material like that which has an adhesive side to stick it to my 3D printed part and the neoprene-like side to place against the glass and avoid slipping.
Names and sources will be greatly appreciated!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While back I wanted to hold a specialized feeder I built, so I was able to buy and use a Two Little Fishies Nano Mag. Packaging says it is a patented design by Julian Sprung. Reefers are so helpful, perhaps if you reached to Two Little Fishies they might have some tips for you, or maybe just picking up something like their NanoMag might solve your need without causing lots of extra detective search work. GOOD LUCK and Happy Reefing!! for making your own 3D part, I give you <humble bow> YOU ROCK!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back