Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Microbubbles is not an issue but makes it difficult to see anything on a video
What test kits are you using ?
I use hanna checkers for nitrate, phosphate, and alk. I test my ph with the apex probe which is calibrated. And for my cycle when it ended a month ago. I used api. And now i dont use api at all. It was just for the cycle now only hanna checkers. I feed mysis shrimp, brine shrimp. And pellets. And nori.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Microbubbles is not an issue but makes it difficult to see anything on a video
What test kits are you using ?
U got me worried to be honesty. If you see here my previous threads you know that complete physco about my water quality. I always test. I literally have 5 salinity checkers because when i started i wanted everything to be perfect. I do biweekly water changes now since my nitrate is only 10 and i didnt want to bottom out my nitrate... how do i get rid of my micro bubbles? What happened yesterday i changed the sock to a brand new sock and my skimmer didnt stop overflowing from yesterday til today its still off..

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
U got me worried to be honesty. If you see here my previous threads you know that complete physco about my water quality. I always test. I literally have 5 salinity checkers because when i started i wanted everything to be perfect. I do biweekly water changes now since my nitrate is only 10 and i didnt want to bottom out my nitrate... how do i get rid of my micro bubbles? What happened yesterday i changed the sock to a brand new sock and my skimmer didnt stop overflowing from yesterday til today its still off..
oh my lord -I tend t be particular and no means for scare LOL

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
lol. How do i get my micro bubbles though. I have sponge in the sump.
look at sources- Generally its the skimmer but can be clogged socks or return pump in shallow water level

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
look at sources- Generally its the skimmer but can be clogged socks or return pump in shallow water level
My royalla gamma still scratching, my blenny doing it too. Still no spots eating and everything.

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While the fish does look normal, I did see an episode of flashing, scratching and yawning. With this, it is suggested to be flukes.
You can sefely add ruby rally pro to the display which will address this, or you can quarantine and treat with PraziPro or you ca wait and see if any change

My royalla gamma still scratching, my blenny doing it too. Still no spots eating and everything.
Have you treated the tank at all? I might have missed it in the thread if you said you did.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Blennies seem to constantly do this. If you have not yet dne so, add ruby rally to tank OR prazi to a quarantine setting

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Can u see the spots on the tail
Yes, which is lympho and associated with water quality and diet. Often feeding flakes and pellets only does Not work- add frozen such as Mysis-marine cuisine-formula 1 and LRS reef frenzy
For water- assure ammonia and nitrate are not elevated. Using kits like API often offer false readings in which one is left unaware their readings are higher than shown.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, which is lympho and associated with water quality and diet. Often feeding flakes and pellets only does Not work- add frozen such as Mysis-marine cuisine-formula 1 and LRS reef frenzy
For water- assure ammonia and nitrate are not elevated. Using kits like API often offer false readings in which one is left unaware their readings are higher than shown.
What do you recommend for ammonia reading? I use api for that and hanna checker for nitrate. I have 0 nitrate lol. Im working on that. But like my tank is cycled a month ago. Probably got lympho from the store. And btw isnt lympho like salt dots? Everg google search i did shows lympho big white dots.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What do you recommend for ammonia reading? I use api for that and hanna checker for nitrate. I have 0 nitrate lol. Im working on that. But like my tank is cycled a month ago. Probably got lympho from the store. And btw isnt lympho like salt dots? Everg google search i did shows lympho big white dots.
Lympho can be salt like, cauiflower like or simply smears. Generally always starts at fins first

Hanna or salifert ammonia. To confirm your API results, take a water sample to a trusted LFS that does Not use Api kits and see what readings they come up with and to compare with yours

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lympho can be salt like, cauiflower like or simply smears. Generally always starts at fins first

Hanna or salifert ammonia. To confirm your API results, take a water sample to a trusted LFS that does Not use Api kits and see what readings they come up with and to compare with yours
No offense but why would i have ammonia?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
No offense but why would i have ammonia?
I thought you asked for recommendation on a test kit.
You asked for recommended reading -Oops. You want <0.050

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought you asked for recommendation on a test kit.
You asked for recommended reading -Oops. You want <0.050
No i will get the hanna. But my tank been running for over a month and i fishles cycled it with ammonia and fritz. And i made sure i have 0 ammonia and 0 nitritr when i finished cycled and been testing ever since with 0 ammonia. Why would all of sudden i have to test ammonia again?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
No i will get the hanna. But my tank been running for over a month and i fishles cycled it with ammonia and fritz. And i made sure i have 0 ammonia and 0 nitritr when i finished cycled and been testing ever since with 0 ammonia. Why would all of sudden i have to test ammonia again?
You are still in early stage cycle and although you achieved zero reading, the tank with bioload (feeding, adding fish) has potential to rise again as ammonia is the natural waste product of fish. With ammonia and nitrate you can even have occasional spikes and until the anerobic bacteria multiplies to point that is can digest waste faster than produced- you will have ammonia present hence reason for water changes. The bacteria population will increase with new bioloads, processing waste and converting it to nitrate. After a feeding , it is Not unusual for ammonia level to increase as much as .2ppm and then gradually drop again. The bacterial levels will adapt if you don't overload the system with too many mouths to feed and realize the water quality I mention can be yours or that of the LFS where you got the fish from. Ammonia is the natural waste product of fish

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are still in early stage cycle and although you achieved zero reading, the tank with bioload (feeding, adding fish) has potential to rise again as ammonia is the natural waste product of fish. With ammonia and nitrate you can even have occasional spikes and until the anerobic bacteria multiplies to point that is can digest waste faster than produced- you will have ammonia present hence reason for water changes. The bacteria population will increase with new bioloads, processing waste and converting it to nitrate. After a feeding , it is Not unusual for ammonia level to increase as much as .2ppm and then gradually drop again. The bacterial levels will adapt if you don't overload the system with too many mouths to feed and realize the water quality I mention can be yours or that of the LFS where you got the fish from. Ammonia is the natural waste product of fish
Tested my ammonia with hanna checker marine it says 0.31 im worried.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tested my ammonia with hanna checker marine it says 0.31 im worried.
Major water change and add some carbon. Now you see why I stated to keep eye on ammonia - This happens

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Major water change and add some carbon. Now you see why I stated to keep eye on ammonia - This happens

Yes but hanna detects nh3 and the other ammonia. I retested and its 0.26. I still have a feeling that the hanns checker is nkt even accurate.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back