What "New Thing" are you going to try on your reef tank this year?

Are you planning to try something new with your reef this year?

• Yes (let us know what)

Votes: 242 65.8%
  • No (let us know why)

Votes: 90 24.5%
  • Possibly (let us know why)

Votes: 36 9.8%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The cool thing about this hobby is that there are a million ways to do the same thing! Or so it seems. :)

Since this is a hobby and something we do for fun getting to a place where it's "set it and forget it" is not always the most fun or most successful. Sometimes but not all the time!

That being said what "new thing" are you going to try this year? (approach, method, equipment, aquascape, species etc.)

Untitled-1.jpg

image via @ChristopherKriens

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to go dabbling sps. Instead I caught the zoa bug. In the couple of weeks I received a nice zoa frag in place of a dying sps that my lfs sold me. So now I'm a leather, shroom and zoa fan. That's what my tank is going to be.

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wanted to do a remote sump to get the skimmer and Fuge out from under the stand so I could make the Fuge a bit bigger and make everything easier to clean but I don't think it's going to happen. My tank is in the basement so I can't go down below with a sump. It is against a wall with our steps/unfinished part of the basement so while I could fit a sump under the steps I'd rather have it all the way in the unfinished part which is ~8-10 feet behind the tank. Not sure my drains would work well traveling that far horizontally so for now I've given up that plan.

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 "new" things I would love to do to my tank are the Kessil 360x, and the new AI Nero 5. I"ve got a smaller 29 gallon tank, and I think both would benefit it greatly. Will those 2 things happen this year....time will tell!

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to import and export more nutrients to get more color in my acros. I want to add an Algae Reactor to my system and then feed my tank more. I am also adding some Orphek UV bars to my MH/T5 fixture to add pop.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am adding significant SPS to a tank for the first time...……

Hopefully I wont be posting in the thread called...…"worst decisions I made for my tank in 2019" whenever it gets started :eek:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back