What other hobby would you be into if you didn't do Reefing?

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still find time to hunt, fish, and long range distance shoot. Personally I need all the hobbies I can participate in or I'd loose my mind with the six year old running feral with the dogs all the time.

hhaase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rotate between a few.

I always have a project car around, but I rarely throw a lot of money into those. Current one is a Toyota MR2.

Rocketry is pretty big for me during the summer, and I'm working toward my L3 high power certification for 2022 or so.

Winter is scale model building and Warhammer stuff.

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guns and more guns lol

I put my hobby related to guns on hold since I started reefing. They are expensive.

NCMamacita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My other current hobby is being part of a Jeep club, which isn’t a cheap hobby :p. Probably wasn‘t the best timing to buy a Jeep at the same time I started with reefing, but I love both hobbies!;Happy

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outside of reefing, been doing it since I was a kid, I would probably own more Volvos and Pathfinders. Yes, I am odd. Nothing like a 600 hp turbo brick though and nothing like being the only wd21 guy that still has an IFS and goes rock crawling.

I would also have more time to build more real off-road toys.
82368340-243F-48B5-B0EF-3DA5C08EE4E5.jpeg

D86C0965-A424-4403-877B-5DE3F3AC67CE.jpeg

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was really big into electronics and building DIY gizmos and projects using raspberry pi. I made a few cool things along the way including LED reactive speakers (before they were a thing), an automated garden and auto fish feeder before I stumbled across the reef-pi. That branched me into reefing and now all my electronics has helped me build a fancy controller for 1/4 the cost of an apex. Also I used to do a lot more 3D printing and collected vinyls.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefing doesn’t really rob me of time or money for other hobbies. I play the drums and do some home recording. I listen to new music. I play video games. I write. I draw and paint. I travel as often as I can. I even crochet and knit sometimes.

Fennel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other hobby would you be into if you didn't do Reefing?

....(freeing up disposable income that went to Reefing)
Since how the medium is a living thing itself, saltwater, that fluctuates it's parameters throughout the day showing life and response to captivity.. and because having a pet rock scape metamorphosis is a fascinating adventure.. if I took up another hobby I might miss something.. science, math, chemistry, biology etc all in one place, in the confines of home aquaria, I am hooked.

Back