What piece of Equipment would I have bought if I knew how important it was in the beginning.

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there was such a thing....Life Insurance for my corals...

In all honesty, I have to say an automatic dosing system such as the neptune apex. This way I can monitor and maintain a stable system.

hmmmmm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of tubing do you run for your pumps? Our DOS just showed up today, and I was surprised to find the Neptune tube it came with was more like airline tubing than RO tubes.

We need about 120 ft of tube for our auto water change setup, so trying to come up with the most cost effective way to do it

Dont think it really matters, i would stick to the same size though, if thats what neptune sends with the unit. Regular tubing in the same size should do fine. just be carefull of kinks, i would place it inside some electrical conduit if used long term.

somekindabonita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont think it really matters, i would stick to the same size though, if thats what neptune sends with the unit. Regular tubing in the same size should do fine. just be carefull of kinks, i would place it inside some electrical conduit if used long term.

We ended up finding some screw on fittings that fit perfectly on the DOS to convert it over to the 1/4 RO tubing. Neptune didn't sell long enough pieces of their hose - we would've needed three to make one pass!

The conduit is a really good idea, I might do that where we're passing through walls

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%

Back