What pods to buy?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see like theres a different selecrion at algae barn for the pods? What pods should i go with? Theres galaxy and other kind. My tank is 5 weeks old. And the ugky stage started

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This should help you out.

And each specific pod jar on algaebarn has what species is included and what they are best for.

Tbh, I dont think you can go wrong with any type of pods

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lots different kind off pods in my tank.
Large ampripods.
3 different othropods
3 different copepods but could be more as they so small and hard to see.
Munnid isopods.

So at least 8 different pods without buying any, they come in on coral frags even if dip,unless a very thorough dip procudure but im guessing if that thorough to stop pods then would kill your corals ( just a guess)
I have bought a few times £1 bags off live copepods from lfs mainly just as a treat for the fish,but already had the 8 different kinds off pods when bought these.
So yeah not a bad idea to buy pods ( heard they quite expensive and not the £ 1 bags I've bought lol) But if buy Hardy coral frags early on in tanks life and keep buying corals then pods will come anyway,so for me personally I thought best to buy some hardy zoa frags and the likes and get the micro fauna from that,my tank was 4 months old when added first zoas/palys and still got them now at 19 month mark along with lots off different micro fauna but everyone has the choice to buy stuff or not as their tanks ^_^

Back