What preys on these worms?

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these worms popping up everywhere now in my tank. I wanted to know if their is anything that will eat them. I know gluing over them will kill them but it seems like so much gluing. Thanks for any I’d on the worm and what animal may hunt them

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these worms popping up everywhere now in my tank. I wanted to know if their is anything that will eat them. I know gluing over them will kill them but it seems like so much gluing. Thanks for any I’d on the worm and what animal may hunt them
What worms? Any pictures?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures of the worm?

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe he’s talking about vermetid snails and unfortunately there’s nothing I’ve found to truly help easily in eradicating them. Broadcast feeding the tank encourages their population. I clip their tubes ( with bone cutters ) as close as possible to the rock it’s attached to in hopes my wrasse will find the worms while hunting for food. It’s sometimes possible to clip the complete tube having the worm still inside then remove from your tank.

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here they are

Attachments

• A672E9B2-9E4F-4D08-930F-CDCCFF373C74.jpeg
    A672E9B2-9E4F-4D08-930F-CDCCFF373C74.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 44

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here they are
I don’t think anything eats them. Wrasse might (Ive not seen a single one in either of my tanks since adding two Halichoeres to the big one and a Cryptic to my small nano)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back