What pumps for flow in 68 gal 260litre red sea e260

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask you guys what would you use for flow in a red sea e260 its 260litre 3ft long tank"
its going to be a SPS tank after it gets mature so would it be better to get the bigger/more pumps know and just set them lower?

iv got a nero 3 iv never used but can sell if not really big enough!

would you get x2 vortech mp10 or x2 mp40 ?

or X2 nero 5 or Use the Nero 3 I have and buy 1 or 2 Nero 5s ?

thanks

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t mention the actual tank dimensions and how much flow you’re getting from the return pump but personally for an sps tank I would go with three Nero 3s. They put out a lot of flow and are infinitely adjustable and relatively inexpensive.
you may even be able to get by with 2.

OP
OP
J

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t mention the actual tank dimensions and how much flow you’re getting from the return pump but personally for an sps tank I would go with three Nero 3s. They put out a lot of flow and are infinitely adjustable and relatively inexpensive.
you may even be able to get by with 2.
The tank is 36 long 18inch front to back 22 inch high" so better to put say a nero 3 each side opposite each other and other nero 3 on back wall of tank? is it better to have flow from multi pumps than just say 2 bigger pumps?

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don’t discount two Reefwave 25’s. They would cover every inch of that tank as your Sps fill in.

OP
OP
J

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t discount two Reefwave 25’s. They would cover every inch of that tank as your Sps fill in.
don't really like the red sea app (got rid of my red sea led lights) iv got a maxspect gyre on my 6ft whot I like but pain to clean it and no app so have to keep getting head under cabinet so not best in that way!

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is 36 long 18inch front to back 22 inch high" so better to put say a nero 3 each side opposite each other and other nero 3 on back wall of tank? is it better to have flow from multi pumps than just say 2 bigger pumps?
Yes in my opinion more variety in your flow is better imo. One on each end, one on the back and use the return to just move the surface.
The Nero 3 will easily’reach’ 36” without having to blast anything that’s close to the pump itself. I’m sure there are other pumps that would do the same job.

Back