What reduces appetite?

siniang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm currently dealing with a triggerfish that's not eating - which can't be more out of character than anything.

It started with a temperature shock followed by fin rot (and cloudy eyes). I started treating with Furan-2 and and about 2 days into the treatment he started getting fuzzy about food. He was eating happily and like a pig up to that point. He then started nibbling, but spitting out his food and now he's ignoring all foods he used to love. And the pattern continues. I can feed something "new" one day and he rather happily eats it (so far I've gone through Mysis, raw scallop, raw shrimp), only to completely ignore it the next day. He's also not showing any of the usual hunger behavior, no begging, no excessive searching in the sand etc.

I'm 84h past the last Furan dose. So I was wondering, what else could be affecting a fish to lose its appetite?

The fin looks better. His color looks great. I've been doing frequent water changes and monitoring parameters. I've had an airstone running since this all started for additional O2.

Thank you!

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you post picture? parasite, stress and medications cause appetite suppression. How long have you had the fish?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get a salinity/specific gravity reading on the tank?

Jay

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back