What reef related gifts do you want this year?

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My birthday is in January when people are usually out of money lol.

That being said, I’d like to get a skimmer since I don’t have one running, or an Eflux DC return pump. Mine runs at 1050 gph and it’s simply not enough.

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any good websites to get coral livestock? I really wanted to give battle corals a shot, but I didn't see any gift cards available for purchase
Did you message them? I know some vendors are working on getting them up on their sites still.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my list consists of...

100' of 1" PVC pipe
Reeflo Yellowtail return pump
2 x Sicce SDC 7.0 Pumps
2 x 250W MH fixtures and ballasts
About 200 pounds of Dry rock
180 pounds of sand

And the list goes on and on and on lol So atleast theres lots for Santa to pick from :p

OP
OP
Phildago

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my list consists of...

100' of 1" PVC pipe
Reeflo Yellowtail return pump
2 x Sicce SDC 7.0 Pumps
2 x 250W MH fixtures and ballasts
About 200 pounds of Dry rock
180 pounds of sand

And the list goes on and on and on lol So atleast theres lots for Santa to pick from :p
100 feet of PVC?? what do you have planned!?

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100 feet of PVC?? what do you have planned!?

Basement sump lol 100' is actually not enough but I already have the rest. Plus Formufit Direct only sells bulk PVC in 100' bundles. The 100' is what is needed to run the BA drain and return to the tank from the sump.

OP
OP
Phildago

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basement sump lol 100' is actually not enough but I already have the rest. Plus Formufit Direct only sells bulk PVC in 100' bundles. The 100' is what is needed to run the BA drain and return to the tank from the sump.
That sounds like a really fun project!

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a really fun project!

It will be for sure! Still slow in the works but getting closer. Feel free to follow on the slow journey in my build thread :)

OP
OP
Phildago

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be for sure! Still slow in the works but getting closer. Feel free to follow on the slow journey in my build thread :)
Wow that's an awesome build. I will definitely be following along. I love the idea for the closed loops as well as adding a basement sump. I can't have a basement in the area that I live but one day hope to have a multiroom/tank system.

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a controllable powerhead, more coral, better lights with a 14-20k spectrum. My lights are 8 and 12k. Not the best color. ;Dead

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually but one Christmas gift for myself every year and I already bought one for my reef. I really splurged this year and bought the top-of-the-line Reef Octopus Elite 150-S Protein Skimmer. I had it out of the box briefly and it's a real Cadillac!!

However, as far as my Secret Santa getting me something. I would like a Maxspect Coral Gluegun. I sick of fumbling little bottles of glue only to get the glue all over my fingers and everything else. These things look pretty slick and can even be used underwater. And when your cartridge of glue runs empty, just insert a new canister cartridge.

OP
OP
Phildago

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually but one Christmas gift for myself every year and I already bought one for my reef. I really splurged this year and bought the top-of-the-line Reef Octopus Elite 150-S Protein Skimmer. I had it out of the box briefly and it's a real Cadillac!!

However, as far as my Secret Santa getting me something. I would like a Maxspect Coral Gluegun. I sick of fumbling little bottles of glue only to get the glue all over my fingers and everything else. These things look pretty slick and can even be used underwater. And when your cartridge of glue runs empty, just insert a new canister cartridge.
Nice one, very original too

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will probably buy my to self xmas present early. Tunze is on sale at brs and a 6055 can plug directly into my profilux and had one of my other power heads die.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back