What reefers really want for Christmas! Have you been good?

Do you think you've been a "good little reefer" this year?

• Yes very good

Votes: 139 36.9%
  • Pretty good

Votes: 157 41.6%
  • A little bad

Votes: 42 11.1%
  • I deserve a lump of algae

Votes: 39 10.3%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Christmas is right around the corner and I'm a firm believer that it's much better to give than to receive! But hypothetically speaking (LOL), what if you were going to be able to receive one reefing gift for yourself this year what would it? It could be equipment, livestock, dry goods, a clean aquarium, no algae or any of that good stuff! So let's talk about what a reefer really wants for Christmas and how good you've been!

1. What does a reefer really want for Christmas this year?

2. Have you been a good little reefer this year? Explain why you think so!

Think it through because Santa is watching! :p

Santa reef2reef laptop.jpg

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I could have been a better reefer by being better with tank maintenance! So I voted a little bad!

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We sold our house and are having a hard time finding one in this crazy sellers market! I just want to find my family a house and then I can set up my dream tank and fish room! :)

I believe I have been a good reefer because I have not lost a single fish in the year 2020.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1). 100+ gallons to work with! One day!
2). I chose "pretty good" bc i chose to give to the toy drive which i really believe in. I"m pretty sure my significant other would say i'm pretty bad because i also just pump money into the hobby (which i kinda think is ok)

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I want for Christmas is a healthy happy tank! I suddenly feel like a bad reefer since dinos showed up. Just when things were starting to look good it now seems I've done something really wrong somewhere along the way. I worry about the safety of all my little guys. I feel like I've let them down. Maybe a big lump of algae would help drive the pests out.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted pretty good because I could have done more gardening to keep my corals away from each other, but I still make sure the tank gets some lovin every day.

Peace on earth, good will toward men, and a 150 gallon FOWLR tank.

I asked the fish, but they just looked at me like I was stupid. I guess that means yes?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I chose very good. With all the trials my system has put me through in the last year I have managed to be succesful with help from some great friends and local reefers. Tank seam failure will defiantly test a reefer.

I totally deserve two new Radion G5 XR30s. Now I just need to convince my wife.

ZaneGreay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been pretty good this year l. I had a cyno outbreak at the end it's f last year so I have been focusing on watching levels and trying to maintain stability. Not having knee jerks reactions to corals not opening up right away for a little algae here or there. The thing I would really like to be able to do is start automation of things such as dosing, ato and monitoring. I use redsea test kits right now but hannah is a big upgrade I'm hoping to step into. Dream would be a felix or neptune system or similar type system to monitor everything so more time enjoying and less time tinkering if you know what I mean.

spfahnestock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just want the final three pieces to start my dream tank. However more importantly I want my kids to go back to a normal life like pre-COVID

I think so... Reefing wise I returned to the hobby and haven't killed to many things. :)

Outside of that I continue to volunteer in mentoring the youth leaders in my local area.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a lifetime supply of salt and/or test kits

I
chose pretty good. I did lose a fish, spent a little too much $ on stuff, and almost flooded my basement. But I also kept my system clean, have been pretty good with testing and "almost" flooded the basement.

Looking forward to another stellar year!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted some what good. I miss water changes from time to time. I've skipped a feeding here and there. The fish voted I deserve a lump of algea for the missed feedings.

Coral voted very good. Upgraded lights and added aminos to the food. I also started dosing alk and calcium.

I think overall somewhat fits.

Crashnt24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a pretty good reefer this year. Really stepped up my game for that acro dominated tank that I want. Got rid of 95% of the GHA that was plaguing my tank. Finally restarted the Triton method for rock solid stable parameters. Found the contamination source which was causing me to lose corals and have to perform weekly 50% water changes. Acros are growing better than ever now. I still need to clean my sump from detritus build up.

That being said, I want a couple nice sticks to complete the collection. I would like a LRO South Beach and a Walt Disney. Please Santa?!

Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Calcium reactor set-up
I've been a good little reefer but i still reserve a lump of algae for letting things slide a bit until covid kept me home :)

58e970b2-3f88-4897-87ba-5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new tank that is 15 times the volume.
It won't be much of a surprise though since my wife sent me to pick it up.
If you want to see the build thread later, watch for it in the nano section. Just got to build a new shelf for my reef jar before I can start.

I've been pretty good. Everyone in my tank survived the year... maybe even grew a bit too.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back