What reefers really want for Christmas! Have you been good?

Do you think you've been a "good little reefer" this year?

• Yes very good

Votes: 139 36.9%
  • Pretty good

Votes: 157 41.6%
  • A little bad

Votes: 42 11.1%
  • I deserve a lump of algae

Votes: 39 10.3%

• Total voters

Sunshine3387

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Christmas is right around the corner and I'm a firm believer that it's much better to give than to receive! But hypothetically speaking (LOL), what if you were going to be able to receive one reefing gift for yourself this year what would it? It could be equipment, livestock, dry goods, a clean aquarium, no algae or any of that good stuff! So let's talk about what a reefer really wants for Christmas and how good you've been!

1. What does a reefer really want for Christmas this year?

2. Have you been a good little reefer this year? Explain why you think so!

Think it through because Santa is watching! :p

Santa reef2reef laptop.jpg
I wish I could say pretty good, BUT I had to do an emergency tank swap because of a broken brace, which I didn't know even happened or when. Went from a 55 to a 75. Although my 8 year old (owns the tank but mom maintains it lol) is super happy with a bigger tank, I was not prepared in any way financially to do this. Was on my list to save for a bigger tank. So now we have basically everything from the 55 in a 75 and hoping nothing else goes wrong until I can upgrade heater, filtration, skimmer and live rock. So I've been a little behind.

Nafuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Christmas is right around the corner and I'm a firm believer that it's much better to give than to receive! But hypothetically speaking (LOL), what if you were going to be able to receive one reefing gift for yourself this year what would it? It could be equipment, livestock, dry goods, a clean aquarium, no algae or any of that good stuff! So let's talk about what a reefer really wants for Christmas and how good you've been!

All I want for Christmas is to be able to set up and afford my reef! I'm moving into my first house supposedly this month if the realtors stop jerking me around with paperwork delays and hidden costs.. I already found a used reef-ready 90gal tank a friend is holding in his garage till I can move into the house and setup my reef, but every day is getting longer and longer.. I've been researching and studying everything in the meantime, pre-purchased some Radions. I've wanted to do an LPS/softies reef for years but I've been hit hard economically I was just recently able to purchase the lights just to tide me over with something "reef-related" I guess..

I guess technically I haven't been a good reefer, because I dont actually own one at the moment but I want to so bad and I want to be a part of the reef community and share my experiences and photos with you all someday! Pray for me pleeeaaasse to be able to try and start setting up this month!!

ricksmithsdca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I deserve a lump of algae since it took me 20 years since my first freshwater tank before I decided to delve in to saltwater.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been pretty good. I've focused on upping my water quality game (added Hanna testers, added IceCap turf scrubber, installed a 130g water mixing station powered with a Varios 6, and more) and have been patient with livestock additions, and am slowly migrating into the high tech side of aquarium keeping through the wonders of the Hydros controller.

vic5hands

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

calcium reactor

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Answering in reverse order...

Generally have been good. As a new reefer been pretty good doing homework, planning, and joined R2R.

Would like the planning pieces to start falling into place so I can start my one and only build right after the holidays.

PS. And a better 2021 for all. Happy Holidays everybody, stay safe.

RVA REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive been naughty, I will prob get a lump of coal to put in my reactor

Turkey head

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A 65g JBJ AIO tank and all the lights, pumps, etc. for the tank. That is what my wife got for me this year.

I must have been. My wife got that tank for me didn’t she! Got it early to make use of sales and vacation time to set it up.

MightyMO

"The Algae made me do it!!!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would really love a new display tank, or an apex/ghl... I've made great strides with my aquarium this last year... But I am battling aptasia at the moment and I am losing...

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back