What saltwater fish for 20 long?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you noticed your clowns nipping the tentacles? i think it is a part of the process as ive had many clowns and anemones over the years and they all seemed to do that

will25u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 to 5 total. Over the course of a long time
Yeah, agree. I have a 6 year old 30 long IM tank and only have three fish currently. I just ordered two more. I take it super slowly. Plus I have a six year old Maroon clownfish who owns the left third of the tank and is a cave troll.

OP
OP
N

Nem1clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys hope you are doing good I know I haven't been on here for a while but I have a few questions but first I just want to say that everything is doing fine in my tank I haven't added I single new thing just the clownfish and anemone. it has been 4 months since I set up the tank and I decided it was time to finally add the cleaner crew also another reason I want to add some cleaner crew is becuse I had a HUGE hair algae outbreak I have had it for a while but it wouldn't go away and so now I need the help of some invertebrates LOL I won't be adding a lot but enough to get rid of the hair algae and yes I tested the water everything is fine so the algae has nothing to do with the water parameters anyways I am going to put the list of the invertebrates that I am going to get and tell me if they are good.

1.) 2 astraea snails
2.) 2 or 3 nassarias snails
3.) 2 or 3 blue legged hermit crabs
4.) 1 emerald crab
5.) 1 cleaner shrimp
6.) 1 tuxedo or pincushion sea urchin

That is it. please tell if they are good and tell if I have to much or not enough and please give me any tips or suggestions to get rid of the hair algae.

Here are my water parameters
0 ammonia
0 nitrate
0 nitrite
0.25 phosphate I think I couldn't tell that well the test wasn't clear its either that or 0 phosphate
8.0 PH
500 calcium
80f

Thankyou for all your help

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys hope you are doing good I know I haven't been on here for a while but I have a few questions but first I just want to say that everything is doing fine in my tank I haven't added I single new thing just the clownfish and anemone. it has been 4 months since I set up the tank and I decided it was time to finally add the cleaner crew also another reason I want to add some cleaner crew is becuse I had a HUGE hair algae outbreak I have had it for a while but it wouldn't go away and so now I need the help of some invertebrates LOL I won't be adding a lot but enough to get rid of the hair algae and yes I tested the water everything is fine so the algae has nothing to do with the water parameters anyways I am going to put the list of the invertebrates that I am going to get and tell me if they are good.

1.) 2 astraea snails
2.) 2 or 3 nassarias snails
3.) 2 or 3 blue legged hermit crabs
4.) 1 emerald crab
5.) 1 cleaner shrimp
6.) 1 tuxedo or pincushion sea urchin

That is it. please tell if they are good and tell if I have to much or not enough and please give me any tips or suggestions to get rid of the hair algae.

Here are my water parameters
0 ammonia
0 nitrate
0 nitrite
0.25 phosphate I think I couldn't tell that well the test wasn't clear its either that or 0 phosphate
8.0 PH
500 calcium
80f

Thankyou for all your help
Best bet is remove everything you can by hand during water changes. Once it's long enough the CuC won't really touch it.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember the hermits crabs will eventually want new shells and might kill a snail for theres. When you go to the store to buy them ask for some empty shells as well. In the way of snails and crabs that seems like a perfectly fine amount.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And also like was said before you need to scrub any of the really long hair algea and get it put by hand bc no one really eats the really long algae they like to eat the short stuff.

OP
OP
N

Nem1clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is

Attachments

• WIN_20210531_17_02_23_Pro.mp4
    74.4 MB
  • WIN_20210531_17_03_04_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210531_17_03_04_Pro.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 19
  • WIN_20210531_17_03_06_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210531_17_03_06_Pro.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 19

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is
So I would say take out the filter and the heater and all of your equipment and give it a good cleaning. Next time you do a water change grab a rock or two and an old toothbrush and scrub them and dip them in the old tank water to get off what you can. Then buy the clean up crew and see what they do. It may take a clean up crew and grabbing a rock or two and scrubbing every waterchange for a month but you should be good.

OP
OP
N

Nem1clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I would say take out the filter and the heater and all of your equipment and give it a good cleaning. Next time you do a water change grab a rock or two and an old toothbrush and scrub them and dip them in the old tank water to get off what you can. Then buy the clean up crew and see what they do. It may take a clean up crew and grabbing a rock or two and scrubbing every waterchange for a month but you should be good.
Alright got it I will try to do that.

OP
OP
N

Nem1clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of getting around 3 new fish to add in the tank in total including the clownfish that will be five fish. the types of fish that I want to get is a purple or red firefish, pink streak wrasse or six line wrasse and some type of goby like a watchman weeper yasha shrimp goby. What do you think is that to much fish? Is it a good combination?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are the parameters now? What test kits are you using again? Probably should add a second hob filter to increase flow and mechanical filtration as well. Choice would be seachem>aquaclear>marineland but honestly either one would help and work fine

Back