What should i add to my tank?

Swampriss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is an 85 gallon cube, 80 pounds of live sand, and I forgot to weight the rock before putting it in but I'm pretty sure its close to 75 pounds. It is 4 months old, and Coralie algea is finally starting I have purple and green. I have 2 pearly jawfish, 1 bi color blenny, 1 blue green chromis, 2 Carmel Nemo clowns, 1 helfrichi firefish, 1 sand sifting star fish, 3 peppermint shrimp, 2 skunk cleaner shrimp, 6 blue legged hermit crabs, 6 scarlet hermit crabs, 1 emerald crab, 1 halloween hermit crab, 3 turbo snails, 5 nassurase snails, 5 ceirth snails, 1 astrea snail, 3 bumble bee snails, 2 spiny star snails, and 1 feather duster that got torn apart by the peppermint shrimp, however it got back in its casing and may recover, at least I truly hope so. Then the coral I have is a 4 inch frag of green star polyps, green psammocora frag, dragon soul favia frag, rainbow clove frag, alien eye polyp, cherry pie polyp, purple and teal maze frag as well. Everyone seems to be doing well except my two pearly jawfish they occasionally get territorial over the same cave so they are slightly stressed atm but everyone has been settling in good now. I had a slight bloom because I cleaned my filter to good, but I used stability to help the fishes. My favorite fish are my blenny spike, my jawfish pearly and barb, and the helfrichi violet. I really enjoy the look of them, and my favorite of my fresh water fish are my loaches nessy and wetherbee. Is there any animal you could suggest, I've been looking at some anthias they are beautiful and some wrasse but I have to research more. Also should I amp up my clean up crew ? I've been thinking of getting 5 more blue green chromis as well just nervous... any advice is great

HD_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click the little icon that looks like a mountain & sun, then touch inside the dotted lines where it says 'Drop image'. That should pull up your camera roll.

1609959662779.png

OP
OP
S

Swampriss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so sorry for the confusion... and yes I do prefer the internal filters in case anyone is wondering lol always a hot topic it seems

HD_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a pretty nice start. I'm not hating on the internals, they work just like the fancy stuff! If it was me, I would focus on keeping the parameters stable and the current stock happy for a while and let the coralline really take hold before doing anything else. You do have a little green happening, but it looks like probably more lighting schedule than anything else. Once the coralline takes off, it will push that issue out. What light and schedule are you running?

OP
OP
S

Swampriss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a jayhill light off of Amazon on for 12 hours a day, but I just got a viparspectra from Amazon that I have to get put up by father in law soon. I upgraded on the light due to my dragon soul favia not doing as good as I want, but everything else is doing well, had a new polyp grow in the tank too. I was thinking the green was coraline as well but what would you think it is? I was thinking I should wait to add too until the spring. The parameters are ph 7.8, nitrite 0, ammonia 0, nitrate 10-15ppm, calcium 480, dkh 10, phosphate 1, sg is 1.024. I do weekly water changes of 15 to 20 gallons. Added a new piece of live rock to up the ph, and probably will get more live rock to see if it helps

Back