What should I do with all my Fireworks Clove Polyps?

msavoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this coral in my tank but it’s starting to grow out of control. I don’t mind trimming my Kenya tree and throwing out the extra, but I feel the fireworks clove is more beautiful. Do you know if a LFS would buy the extras from me? Is it even possible to remove them from the rock once attached? You can see the mass of them that at the top of my tank on the rock, there are literally hundreds. Thanks for any info.

DE85005E-EB1A-4E0E-82C0-1781D8EDC091.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got buckets in the garage filled with Organ pipe coral and the same question. Mine organ pipe came with Aiptasia so I can't give it away. Its sad but you are talking about something similar to recycling freshly used toilet paper. There just isn't a market for some things we have.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got buckets in the garage filled with Organ pipe coral and the same question. Mine organ pipe came with Aiptasia so I can't give it away. Its sad but you are talking about something similar to recycling freshly used toilet paper. There just isn't a market for some things we have.
You should start breeding berghias!

xCry0x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you feel like fragging it, WWC sells it for ~$50/frag.

I'd imagine you should be able to get some sort of trade in at a LFS.

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Offer up or craigslist or maybe some credit at your LFS. They are awesome! I just spent $35 for a clump of about 20 polyps.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I love this coral in my tank but it’s starting to grow out of control. I don’t mind trimming my Kenya tree and throwing out the extra, but I feel the fireworks clove is more beautiful. Do you know if a LFS would buy the extras from me? Is it even possible to remove them from the rock once attached? You can see the mass of them that at the top of my tank on the rock, there are literally hundreds. Thanks for any info.

LFS likely but i know " I WOULD" !!! I'd take them all - In WI

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are fireworks clove polyps different than blue clove polyps?

I can't imagine anyone wanting to purposely put clove polyps in their tank. My experience with clove polyps is that they are a terrible menace.

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are fireworks clove polyps different than blue clove polyps?

I can't imagine anyone wanting to purposely put clove polyps in their tank. My experience with clove polyps is that they are a terrible menace.
From what I have read and seen in a few videos the fireworks clove polyps are significantly easier to rip off and cut back. This info lead to me grabbing a frag. If anyone has experience to corroborate my research I would greatly appreciate it.

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I have read and seen in a few videos the fireworks clove polyps are significantly easier to rip off and cut back. This info lead to me grabbing a frag. If anyone has experience to corroborate my research I would greatly appreciate it.
Yes, you should be able to tear some of the colony away at the base of the stalks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

I just got a clump and want more. Im right across the border from you but they wont ship well

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back