What should/shouldn’t dump in return chamber

GulfReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys
What could we add/dose directly into sump return chamber? And what we must not add? Can we dose directly into our return chamber? Can we add salt to return chamber? or bio chamber to adjust salinity ? Can we add carbon/gfo into our return or bio chamber?

what do you guys think?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No on salt, there are better methods to raise salinity. Some people run carbon / gfo in a media bag but reactors seem to be more effective. As for dosing I dose 2 part manually in the morning. I dose alk directly into the overflow chamber and caciulm in the display so they don't mix.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i personally dose all my non-daily things into the return chamber. all of my daily dosing goes into the display

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is livestock in the tank do not add salt directly to the tank .
As for dosing , gfo and carbon can be added in a mesh bag to any compartment of the sump after it’s been rinsed well or added to a reactor which is run with very slow pump

as Mentioned 2 part additives can be directly dosed slowly to the display but allow time between alkalinity and calcium and ideally drip dosed very slow .
I would recommend making sure you have quality test kits and your weekly water changes can’t keep up with the demand prior to dosing

hope this helped answer your questions

OP
OP
GulfReefer

GulfReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I'm currently dosing daily via dosing pump with 15 minutes wait between each element directly to the return chamber:
- alk
- Ca
- reef energy AB+
- tropic marine A Elements
- tropic marine K Elements

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back