What size for the Red Sea XXL750v3?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TTNuge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the XXL750v3 with dual return outputs. It is being run on a single Vectra L2 at max speed. Can I get away with 2 of the half-inch Red Sea Reefer Ultimate Return Line Dual 1/2" RFG since there will essentially be 4 RFGs or should I still go with the three quarter inch Red Sea Reefer Ultimate XXL Return Line Upgrade – 25mm to 3/4in RFG?

I'd prefer the smaller size of the 1/2" but if 3/4" is still the way to go then so be it.

Thanks in advance!

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the XXL750v3 with dual return outputs. It is being run on a single Vectra L2 at max speed. Can I get away with 2 of the half-inch Red Sea Reefer Ultimate Return Line Dual 1/2" RFG since there will essentially be 4 RFGs or should I still go with the three quarter inch Red Sea Reefer Ultimate XXL Return Line Upgrade – 25mm to 3/4in RFG?

I'd prefer the smaller size of the 1/2" but if 3/4" is still the way to go then so be it.

Thanks in advance!

You're on the right path - the four smaller 1/2in RFG would perform much better than four, 3/4in RFGs in that scenario.

With that said, you actually have a few different option. All the Red Sea Reefer tanks (even the newer dual inlet ones) share the same 25mm inlet pipe - so any of our kits that include a 25mm pipe adapter will fit that tank.

That includes both of our Red Sea Reefer Return Line upgrade kits.
The only thing you may consider with his option is to add 1 or 2 more segments to one side of the kit, since the two stock outlets face outwards.
1650250702509.png

Another option is to use our CADE flow kits - they also include a 25mm pipe adapter and are available in both a single 3/4in or a single 1in RFG nozzle.

If you go this rout, and based on your pump setup, I would go with the 1in CADE kit and do the 1in Random Flow Generator to each outlet

1650250657918.png

Hope that helps...

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.8%
Back