What size Jebao SCP/Ice Cap gyre pumps?

Sam816

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st check what thickness their magnets are rated for. go from there. you don't want any wavemaker to fall in the sand.
I've 2 x350 gyres on my 6ft tank and never went over 20% power. at 20% i've sand dunes in my tank but they are the only gyres rated for 19mm thick glass. I tried jebao CP-55W as well but it couldn't stay on unless i stuck the cable to hold it against falling

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Jebao SCP-??? series is rated in length of the tank. You can verify this by where the dial setting winds up when it properly resonates against the opposite tank wall. I base my opinion on tests I've done with Jebao SCP-120 and SCP-150 gyres in different size tanks and different tank positions. The instructions don't explain it that way, but I'm confident that's how it works.

A SCP-120 will resonate up to 120 centimeters, a SCP-150 up to 150 cm and so on.

In my 48" tanks (122 cm) the dial is set to roughly the 4-o'clock position, almost all the way to SLOW. All the way to slow would be 150 cm, giving the wave the most time to travel before the pump spins another one, yielding the maximum wave size at the lowest possible setting.

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had an Ice Cap 4k for about 2 months and regret the decision for 2 reasons. 1) No manual feed mode everything is done through the app which does not load quickly every time I try accessing it. 2) It's began to "whine" and I wish I watched more TV than I do so I cannot recommend it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back