What skimmer to get on a 37 gallon tall

frankin09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What skimmer do I need for an 37 gallon tall tank?
It’s been running for a month, I have a doc 9004 but it made all the water very bubbly. I’m going to get a green killing machine because my water goes very cloudy.

Could I get any feedback on the tank itself, thank you.

23502513-2265-4D2D-B519-032E3CB4A39C.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Microbubbles will eventually fade as the skimmer breaks in. The tank looks fine (in need of some cleaning), but I’d probably aim to get more rock and raise the height of your rockscaping (just me).

OP
OP
frankin09

frankin09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Microbubbles will eventually fade as the skimmer breaks in. The tank looks fine (in need of some cleaning), but I’d probably aim to get more rock and raise the height of your rockscaping (just me).
I would like too as well but I wouldn’t want the rock to come down crashing.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long would it take too cure?
Not very long. There are a number of threads on starting with dry rock and building a rockscape. At least the halfway point to give you more real estate for corals, fish to hide, surface area for bacteria, etc.

OP
OP
frankin09

frankin09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not very long. There are a number of threads on starting with dry rock and building a rockscape. At least the halfway point to give you more real estate for corals, fish to hide, surface area for bacteria, etc.
Can I use dry rock for the base and then just add my live rock on it for more height? But I will glue it all together, but I do have 2 clowns and coral banded shrimp and a six line wrassel in the tank, so they would be just in the open.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I use dry rock for the base and then just add my live rock on it for more height? But I will glue it all together, but I do have 2 clowns and coral banded shrimp and a six line wrassel in the tank, so they would be just in the open.
Yes. You'll want to leave your existing rock in the tank for the beneficial bacteria, so you'd want to plan to add those pieces dead last.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back