What species are those two? Can I keep them side by side together?

diLeoP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both sold to me as Lobo coral.
I put them side by side seems doing fine.
The smaller one looks totally light brown when I got it(3 days ago), now it has some hint of green and white around mouth area..
picture 3 & 4 is when i first got them.
IMG_20210313_070154.jpg

IMG_20210312_053520.jpg

IMG_20210310_095504~2.jpg
IMG_20210310_095704.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agree they are lobos, but that one needs extra love (read: food). About an hour after lights out, they should put out tiny tentacles. IF they don't then they haven't been eating in while, just set bit of thawed clam on top. Do that each night until eats. Then 2-3x weekly feed after lights out. If you have a CUC, they are going to figure out this nighttime feeding happens, so I have to chase off my peppermint shrimp. I prefer to use thawed Reef Frenzy but my BF is lazy and uses pellets. Long term should NOT use pellets. Humans care about our own qualities of food, so we should care about what we feed our babies. Lobos = lights alone are not enough to thrive. We turn off our tanks lights earlier since getting ours so we didn't have to extend our bedtime just for the nighttime feeding rituals for lobo and some of our other corals. Over time, that tissue should round out on your lobos and be consistent with additional 2-3x week feedings. Otherwise, expect continued retraction leading to eventual death (he's far from there! it just needs your love).

OP
OP
diLeoP

diLeoP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agree they are lobos, but that one needs extra love (read: food). About an hour after lights out, they should put out tiny tentacles. IF they don't then they haven't been eating in while, just set bit of thawed clam on top. Do that each night until eats. Then 2-3x weekly feed after lights out. If you have a CUC, they are going to figure out this nighttime feeding happens, so I have to chase off my peppermint shrimp. I prefer to use thawed Reef Frenzy but my BF is lazy and uses pellets. Long term should NOT use pellets. Humans care about our own qualities of food, so we should care about what we feed our babies. Lobos = lights alone are not enough to thrive. We turn off our tanks lights earlier since getting ours so we didn't have to extend our bedtime just for the nighttime feeding rituals for lobo and some of our other corals. Over time, that tissue should round out on your lobos and be consistent with additional 2-3x week feedings. Otherwise, expect continued retraction leading to eventual death (he's far from there! it just needs your love).
I do feed them every the other day. The red one can eat a lot, but will throw out a little
They do put out their tentacles out when lights out.. but they are really really tiny..lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back