What stores to visit in and around Orlando, perhaps outside of Orlando too.

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
+1 to Top Shelf and WWC. Also, check out Living Reef Orlando. If you want to know more places outside of Orlando, PM me since I’m local!

OP
OP
BZOFIQ

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I really enjoyed visiting TopShelf and Living Reef this past week - great stores with an extensive selection and great prices.

I couldn't believe the amount/selection of fish and inverts available. I have never seen anything like this in NY - you guys are really lucky in FL.

WWC was empty as they go through the redesign and cycling of their new fish system I was told.

Display tanks were spectacular though, especially at WWC and Living Reef.

Thanks for your recommendations guys.

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoyed visiting TopShelf and Living Reef this past week - great stores with an extensive selection and great prices.

I couldn't believe the amount/selection of fish and inverts available. I have never seen anything like this in NY - you guys are really lucky in FL.

WWC was empty as they go through the redesign and cycling of their new fish system I was told.

Display tanks were spectacular though, especially at WWC and Living Reef.

Thanks for your recommendations guys.
Does living reef still have their peppermint Angel??

OP
OP
BZOFIQ

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Does living reef still have their peppermint Angel??

I didn't see it and my son was tasked with finding the most expensive and cheapest fish/invert at the store so he would have spotted it. I had to give him the challenge to keep kids occupied while I had time to admire the selection.

TopShelf had a beautiful display with aberrant yellow tang (wife spotted it right away) and of course the displays at WWC were phenomenal with lots of really solid looking tangs in sizes I have not previously seen outside of Long Island Aquarium.

OP
OP
BZOFIQ

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just curious, did you go to the smaller, older WWC, or did you go to the new WWC Superstore?

It was the new superstore I've seen so many times on YouTube. YouTube videos showed a huge, I mean MASSIVE selection of fish - in person, it was all empty tanks. I asked the clerk and he explained that they had to redesign the fish displays (pretty much the entire left side of the store) because the original setup lacked function. He said, they were still cycling the tanks. I guess bad timing.

My wife agreed and that they had the nicest selection of corals but the prices were very high. The other stores had prices that were much more reasonable.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. (And I follow you— all the pet-store-like fish tanks to the left.) It’s just a little odd that with all the design that went into that store, and as new as it is, they already have to rethink and redo how they want their fish displayed. Oh well. I know you still enjoyed the experience!

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you are at Top Shelf, mention that you are from out of town. Or better yet, call them the day before and visit during off hours on a week day. Arrange for a tour of their coral raising facility.

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes BZOFIQ I have been to wwc and the other stores at least four times in the last three years. It quite the experience visiting these stores. My brother in law and I buy what we want and have it shipped back home to one of our homes to save on shipping cost.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back