What sump would you pick?

Empire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just checking senergy and bashsea.

Bashsea are very vey nice (better be for that price!). Both to have a lot more space than other sumps (even the triggers). But double the price!

But we do get what we pay......

i'll be selling my synergy sump very soon!

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Wheeling, WV about 50 minutes away, Im very active in the Pittsburgh area and am the raffle coordinator and board member for the 3RMAS club
Awesome I’ll be at the swap for the first time this year! Hopefully be joining the club this year!

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like the stock signature series. What did you change / have customized in it??
size the largest signature series is 60x15x16 and I wanted more then enough room so he custom made me a 72x18x18 for equipment along with a large pump section to run multiple pumps for multiple tanks.

jerrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In hindsight I'd go with custom aquariums seamless sump since its all modular and can configure however you like. Definitely not the prettiest and you can't see through the sides though.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome I’ll be at the swap for the first time this year! Hopefully be joining the club this year!
awesome! I sell high end frags at all swaps 4 hours away or so ill have a tank set up. We will have a great raffle as well!! I have been getting donations every week! Feel free to come to any club meeting and meet everyone. We canceled the last one due to the COVID-19 but normally they are at Elmers on the third Saturday of the month.

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look the best. Hands down. If only they would add the reactors just like geo does so it's easy to replace stuff. And I'd be sold
I think you could ask them to do that... I had them customize some items on my sump. I was so pleased with their work i had them to make me matching dosing containers for ATI essentials (From Left to Right): Dosing containers (Other is behind), ATO, Sump, Remote fuge (The best thing ever!!)

1585009708154.png

Aero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Trigger sumps are a great choice.. compact and well built.

BillFish Coral Lover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a lot of experience. I've had a couple simple old-style Eshopps sumps, currently a 40G breeder diy I built with my daughter. So, I've been looking for a new system and I really like the Bashsea sumps, especially the smart series. Glad to hear Greybeard's recommendation of them! They are pricey, but I want to take time and save money for the best I can get. And that does not include custom! YET. :eek:)

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've owned several over the years.

EShopps: Whoever designed these things has never owned a marine aquarium. Entire sections you can't get to for cleaning? Never again. Cheapest materials... just no.

Trigger: Pretty good designs. Lots of choices. Used to be good quality, but they moved production to China some time back. Materials are getting thin, not the same anymore.

Bashsea: Made by a guy that knows marine aquariums, out of the best materials, construction techniques, etc. Top shelf. Don't see what you really want? Give 'em a call. Chances are pretty good Steve Bashi himself would be happy to answer your questions. Did for me :)

I have no experience with the others... but Royal Exclusiv Dreambox? Someone want to send me one to review, I'd be happy to do so :D
Bump on this... Just installed one and his workmanship is top notch and attention to detail and personal attention, bar none.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back