What T5 bulbs are you running on your hybrid fixture?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

4723E9C8-E174-4421-B68A-FF91458A476B.jpeg

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
2 blue plus, 2 coral plus. Ap 700 in the middle. And I'm stuck with the t5 bulbs since mine melted to the clips. I hope they fix this issue too since I'm upgrading to a new tank and want to use this fixture again, just the 4 foot one.

We are replacing the clips if customer send us their address. When the lamps are warm they should release. Its when their cold they seem to stick. If the lamps are not working, some have used a hair dryer to release the lamps and replace the clips. Just let me know.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Photon V2 LED 48" and they are coming out with a Hybrid system.

Based on what im reading I think I will go with ATI 2 Blue +, 1 Coral, and 1 Purple.

https://www.atinorthamerica.com/combos-4-bulb-fixtures/

Reading this seems like to use Actinic with LPS, I have a lot of those. So Im thinking 2 Blue +, 1 Coral + and 1 Actinic

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI 8x54w with 2 Orphek OR120 LED bars
20181201_192108_resized.jpg
I don't mean to go off topic, but that is GORGEOUS! Is that a mind trick undata? I hope mine gets that big and beautiful someday :D:D

Lukas75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run two a360s through a spectral controller with 4xt-5 over a 75. Right now I’m using 2xATI blue plus and 2x Coral plus and peak the a360s at 50% on the color. I’ve been thinking of changing the bulbs to bluer and after reading some of these posts I probably will.

Lukas75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run two a360s through a spectral controller with 4xt-5 over a 75. Right now I’m using 2xATI blue plus and 2x Coral plus and peak the a360s at 50% on the color. I’ve been thinking of changing the bulbs to bluer and after reading some of these posts I probably will.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Based on what im reading I think I will go with ATI 2 Blue +, 1 Coral, and 1 Actinic.

https://www.atinorthamerica.com/combos-4-bulb-fixtures/

Pete Paschall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was running 2 Blue+ and 2 Actinics (ATI) with 2 AI Primes (set to 20K). Just replaced one Actinic with a Coral+ on Wednesday and love the look. Time will tell what the corals think, but they seem happy so far.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was running 2 Blue+ and 2 Actinics (ATI) with 2 AI Primes (set to 20K). Just replaced one Actinic with a Coral+ on Wednesday and love the look. Time will tell what the corals think, but they seem happy so far.

Good to hear :) that’s the combo I just ordered for Xmas

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks my friend ! Yes, it's a Jedi Mind Trick, grown from frag, 2 years old.
20181201_192054_resized.jpg

I got's one of these ;) Its just growing on my rock but lately the polyps have been hiding..

Keiffer the reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 coral plus and kessil ap 700 running 3 notches from the blue end. I like the whiter look. The kessil does the run rise and sunset so I can get a blue look for 30 min in morning and and evening

Bradley Keck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run two sets of 2x54w T5's with three Kessil 360we's. I started with 1 ABS, 2 Actinic, and one B+. I changed out one actinic for another B+ and am happy with it. I run the ABS in the front, actinic, and then the two B+ in back. I too like the whiter look. The ABS helps to balance out the strong blue of the B+ bulbs. I tried all actinic and B+ and did not like the look at all. I was able to adjust the overall hue with the kessils, but was having to go up to 60% color or more to get the look I wanted. After adding the ABS, I put my kessils down to 40% color and loved the look it gives during the day. Helps bring out all the different colors. One thing is for sure, I am have been pleased with going the T5/LED hybrid route. Best way to go IMO and it's fun to experiment with different bulb combos and color settings on the kessils;)

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my new lights up!

I don’t like the color at all.. it looks white and washed out. It kinda looks green ish maybe? The tank looks nasty to me :(

I’m frustrated... I’m worried I might bleach out my corals. I turned down my leds from 75 to 30 % ..

I’m using 2 Blue +, 1 Coral + and 1 Actinic.

Any suggestions??

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my new lights up!

I don’t like the color at all.. it looks white and washed out. It kinda looks green ish maybe? The tank looks nasty to me :(

I’m frustrated... I’m worried I might bleach out my corals. I turned down my leds from 75 to 30 % ..

I’m using 2 Blue +, 1 Coral + and 1 Actinic.

Any suggestions??
Well, if you've been running all LEDs, the T5 look will take a few days or weeks for you to adjust to it. That bulb combination isn't that white, but will certainly seem that way if you've been running deep blue LEDs. Give it a week or two and if you still you still think it's too white for your taste, swap the coral plus bulb for another pure actinic and then tweak your tank color with your white channel in your LED units to get to what you like visually.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if you've been running all LEDs, the T5 look will take a few days or weeks for you to adjust to it. That bulb combination isn't that white, but will certainly seem that way if you've been running deep blue LEDs. Give it a week or two and if you still you still think it's too white for your taste, swap the coral plus bulb for another pure actinic and then tweak your tank color with your white channel in your LED units to get to what you like visually.

Thanks for the reassurance. I’ll keep this in mind

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 123 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.7%
Back