What T5 bulbs are you running on your hybrid fixture?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jordan Prather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180830_013713.jpg
love my aquatic life t5 hybred running 2 blue plus and 2 actinics

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention. Put the coral plus in the front section in the second slot.

I put the coral + over my SPS. in the back of my tank I have most of my sps in the upper ledge. Should I keep it there or move it all the way to the front?

The reason why I got the atlantic is because ATI says that will make LPS pop. BUT I do agree with you, they will get UV from my LEDs and I guess I really don't need that much UV. My local whole seller said to me once that corals don't need that much UV. So maybe I will switch with a blue.

Jordan Prather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I read that right that @AquaticLifeProducts may be coming out with a 6 bulb hybrid if so I hope they offer a buy back program lol. My fixture is like brand new but 6 bulbs would be bad a** over my 220 just saying.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I read that right that @AquaticLifeProducts may be coming out with a 6 bulb hybrid if so I hope they offer a buy back program lol. My fixture is like brand new but 6 bulbs would be bad a** over my 220 just saying.

Best Buy use to have a buy back with TVs but you had to pay for it in advance and it depreciated quickly lol

Jordan Prather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea. I dont think I would be able to justify buying a whole new fixture but would love the extra light and coverage.
Best Buy use to have a buy back with TVs but you had to pay for it in advance and it depreciated quickly lol

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As soon as the 4 lamp dimmable is complete we will look at what we can do to fit the 6 lamps in the same housing with a modified T5 extrusion. Little concerned for the 24" and 36" as the dimmable ballast are a lot longer than the standard ballast and I don't think I can fit two dimmable in the 24" and 36" on the same side. We will try.

It may only be a 36" and 48" with dimming or a combination of dimming and standard ballast.

I will have to check on the buy back, we never did anything like that before.

Last edited:

Jordan Prather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as the 4 lamp dimmable is complete we will look at what we can do to fit the 6 lamps in the same housing with a modified T5 extrusion. Little concerned for the 24" and 36" as the dimmable ballast are a lot longer than the standard ballast and I don't think I can fit two dimmable in the 24" and 36" on the same side. We will try.

It may only be a 36" and 48" with dimming of a combination of dimming and standard ballast.

Wow awesome you guys make in my opinion the best hybrid fixture like I said I love mine but an extra 2 bulbs woul be amazing on my tank

Michael Packard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
36” aquatic life T5 hybrid
Bulb combination front to back:
ATI blue plus, ATI purple plus, ATI coral plus, ATI blue plus
3 1/2 hour runtime
2- Kessil 360X’s
I’m 16” off the water. The par Spread on the bottom ranges from 60-70 to 105 in a spot or 2 with T5’s only. If a buddy has a par meter, definitely try to use it to properly tune and figure a lighting schedule as the T5’s should be your “daytime” light

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It may only be a 36" and 48" with dimming or a combination of dimming and standard ballast.

Any update on the 6 bulb fixtures? I would love a 60”

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are still considering a 6 lamp fixture. However, a 60" dimmable is not in the works since HEP does not have an 80 watt ballast with dimming control. Sorry.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are still considering a 6 lamp fixture. However, a 60" dimmable is not in the works since HEP does not have an 80 watt ballast with dimming control. Sorry.
Awesome on the 6 bulb bummer on the dimmable 60”. Thank you for the response!

RayDRoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running 36" Aquatic Life 2 ATI blue plus and 2 actinics, supplementing 2 radion gen 2s over a 75gal.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I ran in my 6 bulb fixture but it was 10 years ago now. I was happy with that combo but quickly upgraded that tank to a 375 gal(which we left in the wall when we sold the house) where I used mh. Then swapped to radions but didn’t like the disco effect.
ATI Blue Plus
UVL Actinic White
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Blue Plus
GE 500K Daylight
ATI Blue Plus

So this time I plan on running the 2 kessil 360x’s with the new fixture aquatic life comes out with. So it looks like I’ll have 2x blue + with at least one actinic. That’s my plan anyway, just hoping the fixture is still on track for around the 1Q of next year.

Thanks for all the responses! It seems that the crew at BRS really loves this combo.
Wanted to ask if you ended-up going with the Aquatic life fixture with the 2 Kessil 360x's? also did you end-up with the 2x blue and actinic combo on your T5's? I'm asking because I am thinking of doing almost the identical setup but on a larger scale (300 gallon tank). Do you have any current pics of your tank and lights? are you happy with your growth and did you eliminate the Disco lighting affect? Thank you so much!

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to ask if you ended-up going with the Aquatic life fixture with the 2 Kessil 360x's? also did you end-up with the 2x blue and actinic combo on your T5's? I'm asking because I am thinking of doing almost the identical setup but on a larger scale (300 gallon tank). Do you have any current pics of your tank and lights? are you happy with your growth and did you eliminate the Disco lighting affect? Thank you so much!

The Kessils don't produce the disco-ball effect; the colors blend exceptionally well. They do produce extreme caustic lines within the aquarium (i.e. shimmer). The T5s mute this substantially and you can end up with something that looks quite natural between the two of them. Unless you like an extremely blue tank, I'd advise against the Blue+/Actinic combo. Heavy blues can make some fish and corals very bland in appearance. Blue corals like the cali or oregon torts that are gorgeous in a "whiter" appearing tank aren't even noticed in a "bluer" tank. Having a yellow acro next to a cali tort (for example) makes for amazing contrast and provides a big visual impact (same with reds next to greens).

Edit: I'll try to snag a video this evening when the reflections aren't so bad. I have four Kessils with six T5s (B+, ABS, B+, P+, ABS, B+).

Last edited:

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any update on when you'll be releasing a 6 bulb version? this is something desperately need for those of us that have wider tanks. Right now my only other choice is to buy stand-alone T5 kits like Reef Brites.

OP
OP
kkiel02

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I ended up with that setup but did 2 blue plus, coral plus and an aqua blue special. It’s a little white compared to the kessils but I’m really happy.
Here’s a picture I took the other day before the t5 came on. Coming up on a year now and am real happy with the tank.
9CF48209-83B7-410D-AD41-6F10D4203FC2.jpeg

Michael Packard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey sorry for the delayed response. I have the 36” aquatic life with 2 kessil 360X’s, 2 36” reefbrites and I added 2 single T5 fixtures for a total of 6 bulbs. Front to back T5 bulbs ( blue+, blue +, purple +, coral+, blue+, blue+ ). I’ve never experienced the disco ball effect even when I had 360WE’s. The growth was good but even better since the reefbrites and 2 T5 bulb add ons. I put the reefbrites and the extra 2 T5’s on in the same week. I call it Frankenlight lol.
FD1AD61D-6CED-465E-9A3D-29BF5C5426EA.jpeg

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey sorry for the delayed response. I have the 36” aquatic life with 2 kessil 360X’s, 2 36” reefbrites and I added 2 single T5 fixtures for a total of 6 bulbs. Front to back T5 bulbs ( blue+, blue +, purple +, coral+, blue+, blue+ ). I’ve never experienced the disco ball effect even when I had 360WE’s. The growth was good but even better since the reefbrites and 2 T5 bulb add ons. I put the reefbrites and the extra 2 T5’s on in the same week. I call it Frankenlight lol.
FD1AD61D-6CED-465E-9A3D-29BF5C5426EA.jpeg
Love your frankenlight configuration....curious, do you dim you T5’s and are the two single T5 fixtures dimmable? If so, what brand did you go with?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back