What t5 Fixture/bulbs for AI Prime 16HD?

duberii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of upgrading my lighting over my 40 breeder to 2 AI primes, supplemented by some form of t5. Only issue is I know absolutely nothing about t5s or what fixtures I'm looking for. I'd like some type of fixture that integrates pretty well with the primes so I don't have too much going on above the tank, and I don't think I can hang the lights from the ceiling, so an arm mount is optimal.

My goal is optimal coloration and growth- intensity/broadness of spectrum isn't really my priority- I'm just trying to supplement the wavelengths that LEDs can't quite provide yet. I've heard purple/UV t5s are good for that, but I'm interested in hearing what you guys think.

I literally have no idea about anything else I want- I could use help with number of bulbs, color, brand, mounting height etc. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Aquatic Life T5 hybrid. You can easily mount your AI's right in the middle. If you don't want to hang from the ceiling they have wall brackets.

OP
OP
duberii

duberii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Aquatic Life T5 hybrid. You can easily mount your AI's right in the middle. If you don't want to hang from the ceiling they have wall brackets.

That looks perfect! Do you have any idea what bulbs I could go with?

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to go wrong and you might get many differing opinions. I use 2 ATI coral plus and 2 blue plus.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'd check out this video on the different bulbs. Watch part 1 & 2

4 bulbs and 2 AI's may be a bit much. However, it depends what you are growing SPS or Softies. I would suggested renting or borrowing a PAR meter so you can get a good gage of what the lights are putting out.

Back