What temperature to mix salt?,

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its pretty warm outside my ro water coming out at 77. Turned the heater on didnt even kick on because my amibent temp is 77. I mixed the salt with 77F. Is that an issue?i

fishmonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its pretty warm outside my ro water coming out at 77. Turned the heater on didnt even kick on because my amibent temp is 77. I mixed the salt with 77F. Is that an issue?i
I don’t even heat the water. Causes precipitation. I think Randy Holmes talked about this in some posts here

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t heat mine, have 2 50g containers in the basement, 1 for AWC and the other to fill and mix, never heated it.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t heat mine, have 2 50g containers in the basement, 1 for AWC and the other to fill and mix, never heated it.

I explained myself wrong i never heated it either. But when i filled the tank with Ro for the first time. And i added salt the heater was off. Bht the ourside temperatuwre is hot rodi water came at 77. Im afraid i destroyed something?

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t even heat the water. Causes precipitation. I think Randy Holmes talked about this in some posts here
I didnt heat the water. What happened was i filled the tank with RO for first time and i was doinf salt mix inside the tank. But the rodi water coming out hot since its warm outside i got 77F from rodi thats why im worried.

Justdrew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I explained myself wrong i never heated it either. But when i filled the tank with Ro for the first time. And i added salt the heater was off. Bht the ourside temperatuwre is hot rodi water came at 77. Im afraid i destroyed something?
77 degree water will not harm your membrane.

fishmonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s probably fine just test the parameters and adjust to what you want. Usually you want to mix the water separately and not into the display from what I hear.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
77 degree water will not harm your membrane.
Not my membrance my salt mix. Its my first time filling the tank so i put the salt in the tank for the first time. And now im worried. That i destroyed my salt mix because the 77 temperature?,

fishmonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not my membrance my salt mix. Its my first time filling the tank so i put the salt in the tank for the first time. And now im worried. That i destroyed my salt mix because the 77 temperature?,
Just test the water. I’m guessing you have some powerful power heads in there?

fishmonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity is 1.026 i dont have test kits for other stuff im new to the hobby man. Getting this stuff slowly
That’s fine but I like it 1.024-1.025. Is this fish only tank? For corals you might want salifert tests for those parameters.

fishmonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean its recommended to have it at 1.026 the whole forum says that so i did 1.026
Yea it’s good. I think randy Holmes recommends that but you can go from as low as 1.023 to 1.026. When it comes to temperature the only drawback to heating the water while mixing is alk and stuff can cause precipitation and that stuff goes down.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity is 1.026 i dont have test kits for other stuff im new to the hobby man. Getting this stuff slowly
It's probably fine. "Average" tank temp is usually around 78, so I'm not sure why 77 is concerning to you? But most importantly, it's best to mix your saltwater before putting it in the tank, even the first time you're filling. The exception might be if you have nothing else (no sand or rock) in the tank and can make sure it mixes completely with nothing settling into the substrate.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back